News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R/H Mirror Install

Started by ChargerRob, November 22, 2005, 01:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRob

How hard is it to install a R/H mirror on my charger. What is needed to be removed to get access? How many holes do I drill? How big?  I want to install my R/H mirror this weekend. Thanks in advance for all the help.  :thumbs:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

41husk

I am not sure Rob, but if you move this to tech someone over there will know and probably have done it.  Good luck!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

Basically I took off my drivers side and measured the holes using different refrence points on the door (vent window frame etc)

If I remember correctly it required only 2 holes one for the stud ans the other for the screw.   Not sure on the sizes though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger Aficionado

Damn Chris, everytime I see your car I WANT!!!  I could stare at photos of every angle...  You should open-up a site with photos for me!!! :)  (and the others that think the same way)! 

Rob, be very careful with the lower door panel. They are very flimsy usually.  PURCHASE a "Soft Trim Removal Tool" from your local parts store.  This will prevent the cardboard from falling apart when metal clips are removed.  (those front panels are EXPENSIVE). 
  Here is what one basically looks like: 

Mine is alot shorter... 
  I would definetley remove driver's mirror to make measurements, so you probably will be removing two panels...  Does someone have a photo of a bare door in this area?

ChargerRob

I will definately have to get one of those tools. What about inside the door, is there anything I need to do besides raise the window? Thanks.
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Just 6T9 CHGR

For the pass side the matching mirror is basically a dummy (no cables etc)  nothing else has to be removed from the door.

PS--thanks Jude! :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cudaken

Little tip on the door panel, even with the tool the cardboard backing fell a part some. I used Velcro to hold it down. I used rivets on the velcro that was on the door it self, and super glue to the panel it self. Stays on fine, and mine still look great so I could not see replacing them.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Charger Aficionado

I"ve heard about the velcro trick before...  I'm too chicken to try it...

Spartan

Good post.  I have to do the same thing for mine.  I bought my repop mirror last year and haven't installed it yet.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)