News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Beware!!! Telemarketing scammers

Started by TylerCharger69, August 13, 2009, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

My wife received a phone call today by a person who "claimed" to be giving out government grants of $5,000.00.  He had my wife reeled in for a brief while, until he was asking for 150 dollars for "shipping and handling"....WTF????  Shipping and handling....for money???  Anyway, I asked her to hand the phone to me. This guy had a very strong middle eastern accent, for one,  saying his name was "Jim Dixon".  (yeah right....sounded more like a "Habib" to me)  This guy was getting very beligerant with me on the phone, so I suggested...why not just deduct that 150 and mail us the remainder??  Well...his "manager" wouldn't allow this according to him.  Anyway...I told him exactly that I thought he was full of s**t and that no government official would ask for money....for one...you have to apply for a government grant,  no. 2....with the economy in shambles....they aren't in any position to be giving out cash like that.  then I proceeded to tell him that I personally know people who have gotten govt. grants for classes, businesses, etc. and they were never asked to give a 150 dollar s&h  fee.  I told him I've shipped engine blocks for cheaper than that...lol.  Long story short, after being on the phone with this idiot for about 15-20 minutes,  I informed him on how stupid he was for not only leaving his phone number on my caller I.D.,  but giving me another phone number on top of that.   He claimed to be from Jacksonville Florida,  which after investigative measures....I learned that one number was from Santa Monica Ca.  and the other one was from Burbank, Ca.  Not to mention the zip code for his address didn't even exist.   So....I called him back....lo and behold it was the same moron,  and informed him that the authorities have been notified, which  they were.  The detective told me on the phone that....the 1st phone number was a cell phone, Santa Monica....and the second number was from an office bldg.   in Burbank,  so they have made contact with the proper authorities in Burbank to go investigate this assclown.  He said that the biggest mistake he made was allowing his number to show up on caller I.D. and also told me  with the info  I've given them,  should be no problem to make an arrest.

I just thought I'd share this with you.  Most of you already know better, but if they make this sound too good to be true, and some more vulnerable people may become victims,  then I'm glad I am sharing this tid-bit of info....be careful y'all...........they wanna scam you out of your Charger restoration cash!!!!   OUCH!!  Now THAT hits a nerve huh?.........  thanks for reading this.....Ace

Silver R/T

Way to go man, I wish I could shake your hand! This is way scam scum should be dealt with. These are hard times and government is cutting back on financial aid to college students. No way they will be giving out free money. Most tax payers only got $600 per person "stimulus" and that's all we're gonna get for a while. They might be asking it back actually lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Landonsrt

If only I could do that with the dickhead at Dish network that called up trying to get me to change from Directv and called me a dumbass for wanting to keep directv. Not only that but i had been receiving mailers from them twice a week for a year when this happened. I had already called and told them to take me off the mailing list and then this guy calls. It turned into a long heated discussion where the guy just called me names over and over. I asked for his manager and he just laughed at me and said no. If I could ever find that guy, Id probably rips his ears off so he couldnt do his job anymore.

AKcharger

I tell people the last thing I need is more money, I can't spend what I have fast enough...that usually throws them off for a bit