News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

assembly order

Started by magnumdart, August 18, 2009, 02:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnumdart

My '68 has only the front fenders,  rear deck lid,  and doors on it.  The rear axle and springs are on and the rebuilt front end is done except for the idler and steering box.  I could use a little extra room and was wondering how much trouble it would be for me to assemble the car if I were to go ahead and install the 440 complete with the 727 and just work around it.  I would put the steering box in before the engine.  Thanks.
You are today, where you chose to be, yesterday.

TylerCharger69

I'm not sure about the rest of the car....but ASSUMING your "K" frame is still in place, you can install your engine/transmission before the steering box is installed.  BUT....if you go that route, you WILL have to install the steering box BEFORE the driver side torsion bar, as that would be you're only access to do so.  I can't recall if I tried to attempt a steering box installation from the top with the engine in-house. 

mopar_nut_440_6

I had a 440 - 4 speed in a Duster and was able to re and re engine and tranny in an hour with assistance from a friend but I had an engine plate and no inner fenders so it was a breeze!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

b5blue

I changed out my power steering box on my car (14 years ago) and it was OK.