News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone buy a repop'd valance - are these things junk or what???

Started by Mfr426, November 22, 2005, 09:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, finally getting to putting the parking lights in my freshly painted valance for my 69 SE. First I noticed that the screw holes on the bottom (2) are not countersunk to fit the screws. The screws that I have are pan screws. I had to open up the holes and then countersink the holes. Then, when I finally put in the lights they look like they dont fit flush from the side. Yes, I do have the left lens on the left side, etc.

Also, does anyone know if the parking light frames are left and right as is the lens? Or, is the lens the only part that is left and right?

Has anyone purchased these valances and if so...what was your experience??? Did the fit well? Did the lights fit well?

Any comments on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all.

Mike R in Reading PA

AdamMopar

Mine fit very well but I have yet to put the lights in yet.  Hopefully you can get your problem worked out.  Adam

Mfr426

Thanks Adam. Yep, this is off the car and I am attempting to install the ligths. I'm not sure about the fit to the rest of the body yet.

I'm hoping that the body fit is better than the light fit...oh boy...

Mike R

AirborneSilva

Mike, who made your valance?  If you're having problems with it, sorry, but I/we may want to avoid buying one from the person/place you bought your's from.  Thanks and sorry your having troubles with it...

cudaken

Mine fit fine as well. On the back up lights, the holes are counter sunk for the back up lights, but the lights them self stick out from the vlances like they should.

Mine came from year one.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Mfr426

This is the front valance. I think that came from Goodmark if I remember correctly.

Back valance fit great though (on a side note).