News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a close shot of a valance that "looks good/correct"?

Started by Mfr426, November 23, 2005, 07:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, my last thread about the repopped valance was a bit cranky. I had just come in from the garage after having to wrestle with the thing...

Anyway, does anyone have any shots of their valance? I am especially interested in the parking lights, how they sit in the mounts, if the screws are countersunk (yeah I know it's a bit late for me now), etc.

Any help would be great.

Thanks all and here's to a LONG holiday weekend!

Mike R in Reading PA
'69 Charger SE

cudaken

This is a 68 Charger, best I could do on short notices. When you say marker lights, I guessing you mean the back up light. The screws are chrome heads and are flush monted. With this being a 68 it does not have them.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Shakey

If it is the front valance you are interested in, here are a few photos.

In the next few weeks I will receive my re-anodized I piece, which means I will be able to put my grille together, install it as well as my bumper, park lamps and wiring and vacuum lines.  I will post some pics of the assembly then.

cudaken

Come to think of it, he never did say which end he was working on. I will bet he did mean front. Man that PIC was a pain to get as well. It was on my lap top, so I to down load from it then upload on to the I use on line.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mike I believe I know what you mean about the parking lights.  Are these the repro ones?  If so I believe its the lense thats the problem.
I have an original valance (yes the screws are counter sunk for the parking lights) and the lenses seem to stick out on the left & right corners.  The originals didnt do this.
I havent tried but Im wondering if they mis marked the left & right in the lenses....while you have yours out, care to give it try?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Hey Ken, my mistake - I should have mentioned that I was talking about the front valance. I put a new repopped on the rear and was very impressed. Wish I could say the same for the front. Thanks for the effort with the shots.

Chris, yes...I do have new lenses. I should have compared them to the original ones. It almost looks as though they could be backwards. I presume the frames are universal???? I'll try flipping the lenses to see how we make out. Those countersunk holes needed to be hand made. The holes are too small too. I ended up lifting and chipping the paint in my efforts to get it to look right. I figure I'll get the holes correct and the light lined up and I'll have them reshoot the valance....

I'll let you know on the lenses being mislabeled.