News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

balancer/shield

Started by Moparstud440, November 23, 2005, 04:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparstud440

Does anyone know a good place to get a SRI approved harmonic balancer and a tranmission shield.  I know of Jegs and Summit, just wondering if there might be some other place thats a little cheaper.  I found balancers on 440source for a reasonable price, but figured I'd ask you guys if you knew of any other places.  Thanks

Blown70

I have the CSI tranny shield,  I am happy with it and good customer service.

Ghoste

Check Manicini's website for their monthly specials.  You never know.

Chryco Psycho

I can get a billet SFI damper for $240 can here , I can get the exact make if needed

Mefirst

Quote from: Blown70 on November 23, 2005, 04:20:46 PM
I have the CSI tranny shield, I am happy with it and good customer service.

The CSI tranny shield sucks.. You'll have to modify the trans carrier to get a good fittment. You have to cut off the two front transmission stand brackets to get the shield to fit tightly. You also have to buy a custom trans oil tube, the stock one wont work cause of the angle it has.. You can bend it to fit, but it wont look that nice. The the bolts that comes along with the CSI shield really sucks to bolt on, you dint have much space and then you also have these two brackets that sandwiches the shield between the block and the brackets, the bolts are to long by the way, so you have to add custom made washers so the brackets wont rattle around..

I went through hell when I mounted the CSI tranny shield..

Here you can just see the washers I had to add so the bolt head would really keep the bracket from rattling..

The safety strap will interfere with the gear lever.. I just took it off cause there was no way in hell to make it work..

But once you take care of the annoying faulups CSI made, then the shield is worth ever dollar..

/Tom