News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got motivated

Started by 70charginglizard, July 30, 2005, 12:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Well after having to replace the oil sending unit yesterday it must have really kick my butt back into gear because I finally started to install my aftermarket stereo into the glove box and got all the wires routed to the rear speakers. (had to pull out the rear seat, sill plates, kick panels and all the crap I had out of the trunk to get the wires in for the rears) I also purchased and extra set of kick panels from e-bay (so I don't have to cut up my originals) for front speakers, there are on there way. Ill hook those up when they arrive.
I was up till midnight working on all of this. I had to build a special box that fits in the glove compartment but still allows me access to the fuses. I made it out of wood and covered it with wood grain panel decal that matches the dash panelling. cut a rectangular hole thru it for the stereo to fit in and cut a rectangular hole in the back of the glove compartment boxfor acess to the harness connection points thru the back. Looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself and you can't even see it unless you open the glove compartment. (old am radio is still in the original location. No cut woodgrain radio bezel.   :yesnod: I wish I could post some photos for you guys but my camera computer connection is on the fritz. I will when I get my old computer back from the shop. I will.

Sure will be nice to finally have some FM in the charger again. The best part is that the sterio I but in there came from my dakota truck and is an original Chrysler unit. :o)

All for now.

70charginglizard
70charginglizard

RECHRGD

Sounds good Lizard!  My '68 always runs better when I'm playing a CD from back-in-the-day.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

8WHEELER

I should put mine in the glove box hell I have a remote I guess I am just to lazy. People have looked in my car and said look at this old car and its got a state of the art CD player  :-\ and I suppose people look at it while judging as well, some day I will do it just another thing on the to do list   ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

41husk

Good for you Lizard,  I need to go for a cruize maybe I will get motivated :rotz:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70charginglizard

Ok, now about this-

"I also purchased and extra set of kick panels from e-bay (so I don't have to cut up my originals) for front speakers, there are on there way. Ill hook those up when they arrive."

Has anyone here done this with a 2nd gen charger and if so. Was there any cutting behind the kick panel that had to be done

and

what size speakers did you use and where were they placed in the kick panels to eliminate as much cutting behind it as possible?

70charginglizard
70charginglizard