News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom rear valence?

Started by suburbanfireman, November 23, 2005, 11:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suburbanfireman

???
I was wondering if anyone tried this?  I am thinking of buying a 69 rear valence for my 68.  I would use the back-up light holes to pass custom exhaust pipe tips.  (I will probably have a fuel cell in my trunk, so the stock tank will not be in the way.)  I was hoping someone might have a pic of this, because I don't want to waste my $$ and time if it looks stupid.  My car is not a # matching, so I am going for the quarter mile / resto-mod look.  Thanks - suburbanfireman.
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

Blown70

I have had many thoughts on this.  I am going to extend mine down 2 inches and I want to cover the twin pumps and some of the plumbing....and cell.

I like your idea.  I would have to see where they sit exactly to see how that would work.... I know you would have to open them up some....

I personally like some things slightly custom...however that being said, I dont like them TOO custom...as to take away from the body lines.

Tom

Brock Samson

imma thinkin routing the pipes to the back-up light location would be really really difficult,. but i get your idea o.k. your gonna need to think about that abit.. cause of the tank 'n all,..

suburbanfireman

Yeah, I love the lines of the charger too.  I just think that there has to be a way to neaten up the exhaust pipes - they look like they are just hanging off the back.  I might go with challenger style exhaust that exits in front of the rear tires, but like I said before - I only want to do it once.
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

Troy

You know there's a big crossmember that runs behind the valence right? You'll need to put holes in that as well and it's part of the rear frame. It would probably look cool as long as the car is lowered enough. Otherwise you're going to have a huge void under the rear of the car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

8WHEELER

You will need to put holes in here as well.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Shakey

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 24, 2005, 02:19:32 AM
You will need to put holes in here as well.

Dan

'Careful when you close the trunk Dan, there is a screwdriver on the driver's side lip!  :icon_smile_big:

cudaken

Just get the tip's! I my self would not like it, but it's not my car.

Cuda Ken
I am back