News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to ship interior?

Started by Wakko, November 24, 2005, 08:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

I found an entire tan interior for my 77 Fury in Chicago, asking price $250.  Waiting on photos before I counter offer.  I'd love to snap this stuff up, but how do I ship it from Chicago to Florida?  I figured I can put the seats on Greyhound, but what about doorpanels and the plastic stuff?  Will Greyhound allow the seats separate, door panels bungeed together and a box of the other items? I'm not worred about the headliner at this point.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Wakko

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

73dodge

What's wrong with fedexing or ups the stuff?

Buy some large boxes and send them to the guy you are buying it from and have him pack it up. Won't work for the seats though but the other stuff could be shipped in boxes.

my father in law contacted some guy that made regular trips back and forth to Ohio from Florida and paid the guy to load the stuff in his van and drop it off. There are people who do that all the time for the snow birds. I can get his number for you because he does not just stop in Ohio he travels around the midwest.

As a matter of fact since you are in Florida I am sure you can find some snow birds that drive back and forth between Florida and Chicago on a regular basis pay them to bring the stuff down for you. I am sure some of them head back up to Chicago for the holidays and drive back to Florida after the new year to ride out the winter.

Beside you are a cop you see an old person driving north on 95 with Illinois licence plates pull them over and tell them they you won't give them a ticket if they do you a little favor
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

tin_soldier

you are on the right track with GH UPS & Fedx will charge just as much if not more becasue of the sizes.   even though it weighs @ 10lbs they go by sq. FT.   I done alot with GH and had great experinces.   With greyhound as long as it is with in the diemensins and is not an explosive or flamble and is cover with card board in some manner they will shipp it at a good price.  

GreyHound is the way to go.     :2thumbs:

Wakko

Ok, according to the Greyhound site, they want around $50 to ship the front seat alone.   :-\   The entire interior of the car is really nice and I'd like to get it but it might be cost prohibitive to ship.  Anyone know of a freight company that's decent?  If the guy can find a pallet and tie down the seats and such maybe it'd be cheaper. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

694spdRT

I shipped two bucket seats and the rear seat from a '69 GTX by UPS for less than $70 about 2 years ago. I used 2 boxes(one for both buckets and one for the rear seat). The cost might have went up some by now with fuel, etc.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

tin_soldier

We have to face therre is no such thing as cheap shipping any more.  Just have to find reasonable shipping.  Even more so when you  have larger items involed. :rotz: