News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Runner: Rear passenger side parking light in bumper does not work...

Started by Blakcharger440, November 25, 2005, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I am trying to get my rear passenger side parking light in the bumper of my 70 Roadrunner to work. I replaced the bulb with a new one,found out I wasnt getting any juice to the socket.... The wire that feeds this light is a purple wire. I have traced this purple wire to a grey connector at the base of the interior kickpanel where the emergency brake is. Well...at this connector the purple wire turns into a white/brown wire that seems to lead up into the dash somewhere....Does anyone know where this white/brown wire leads to?????

purple70rt

You are not messing with the back up lights are you?  You said in the rear bumper and thats where they are.

Blakcharger440

Yep thats what I was talking about the pass. side back up light. I have also traced that white/brown wire to the bulkhead connector in the engine bay and then to a connector on the trans with no power anywhere for this wire!?! Where does the wire supposed to get its power from?

Chryco Psycho

power is fed from the fuse block through the firewall plug down to the tranny , across the back up light switch in the tranny & bach through the firewall plug & into the rear body plug to the rear lights & to ground in the bumper