News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TRIO OF DAYTONAS 4 SALE

Started by 65post, September 13, 2009, 03:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

1969chargerrtse

I see you have to clip on a picture to get the for sale info.

I love the un-restored one.
1969 Original Un-Restored Charger Daytona With 6,840 Original Miles. This Rare And Beautiful Muscle Car Has Had Only 2 Owners Since New. Powered With The 440 Magnum V8 And 727 Automatic Transmission. Has Power Steering & Power Front Disc Brakes. We Have 3 Of The Rarest 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona's Known To Exist. Please Call For Additional Information:    $495,000

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

maxwellwedge

That must be the former Dressler Daytona...

69_500

I'm thinking that the red car is the dressler car, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say its unrestored. What is your take on the car Jim? Seems to have had quite a bit of work on it to be considered unrestored. Its a very  nice car though.

The B5 blue one is one that my dad used to own but it sure didn't come from the factory with white interior.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69_500 on September 14, 2009, 04:05:40 PM
I'm thinking that the red car is the dressler car, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say its unrestored. What is your take on the car Jim? Seems to have had quite a bit of work on it to be considered unrestored. Its a very  nice car though.

The B5 blue one is one that my dad used to own but it sure didn't come from the factory with white interior.

It has had some "Shave and Haircut" work done to it over the years but it still is a nice piece. The problem with 99% of True survivors is that they all need a little straightening out. The stuff is 40 years old and with that the odds go up that some stuff was messed with. The measuring stick is now which cars have been messed with the least....Before it was which cars have been totally kept 100% original.

69_500

Quote from: maxwellwedge on September 14, 2009, 06:37:14 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on September 14, 2009, 04:05:40 PM

It has had some "Shave and Haircut" work done to it over the years but it still is a nice piece. The problem with 99% of True survivors is that they all need a little straightening out. The stuff is 40 years old and with that the odds go up that some stuff was messed with. The measuring stick is now which cars have been messed with the least....Before it was which cars have been totally kept 100% original.

True, it is a very nice car don't get me wrong. But it has had quite a few little odds and ends done to it over the years, especially for a car that wasn't ever titled until recently if it was even titled then. I would love to have it in my garage don't get me wrong, but I can't ever afford something like that.

maxwellwedge

Well, they are dreaming at those prices. I could of bought the Dressler car 2-3 years ago for what now seems a reasonable price.

If only, If only...........If only my aunt had balls she would be my uncle!   :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

You think you've got problems with your aunt and uncle.

My uncle got a vasectomy and charged it.
He missed a payment and the finance company came over and knocked up my aunt.
The current economy has everything screwed up.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 14, 2009, 11:33:43 PM
You think you've got problems with your aunt and uncle.

My uncle got a vasectomy and charged it.
He missed a payment and the finance company came over and knocked up my aunt.
The current economy has everything screwed up.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good One!

Kismgby

Figures.  Now that I'm considering selling my Daytona, they're coming out of the woodwork.   :-\

hotrod98

Quote from: Kismgby on September 16, 2009, 01:08:42 PM
Figures.  Now that I'm considering selling my Daytona, they're coming out of the woodwork.   :-\

That won't happen with the Superbirds until I've closed the deal on the one that I'm trying to buy.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams