News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heater delete cars

Started by 1charger69, September 15, 2009, 12:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charger69

what was used on the vent hole were the heater box would mount to on heater delete car....or was this just capped off with a plate of sorts??

mAdMoPaR

I'm curious too as I dont plan on reinstalling the a/c heater assy. Are you talking about the holes on the dash or cowl?

Nacho-RT74

I think heater delete cars where without any cut at firewall, thats why make them so special too.

Long time ago was sold down here a 69 4 speeds hemi heater delete car. Was sold to a guy in Peru.

Not sure but I can't remember any plate to cover holes so I think firewall was uncut to that
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1charger69

well..my plan is to weld those heater hose holes closed.....i was wondering about the "vent" part as the driver side has the little  vent box to accept fresh air from the cowl.....what happens on the passanger side where the box was????  special left hand side box?  or another right side box mounted on the left??  etc. :scratchchin:

maxwellwedge

On the factory Super Stockers they used plates to seal the holes. I'll look for some pics.

A383Wing

Quote from: 1charger69 on September 16, 2009, 04:04:53 PM
well..my plan is to weld those heater hose holes closed.....i was wondering about the "vent" part as the driver side has the little  vent box to accept fresh air from the cowl.....what happens on the passanger side where the box was????  special left hand side box?  or another right side box mounted on the left??  etc. :scratchchin:

On heater delete car..it was a left vent with a special bracket for the cable. The heater hose holes were plastic plugged, and the outlet vents in the dash had block-off plates in place of the vent tubes

1charger69

Quote from: A383Wing on September 16, 2009, 10:07:02 PM
Quote from: 1charger69 on September 16, 2009, 04:04:53 PM

On heater delete car..it was a left vent with a special bracket for the cable. The heater hose holes were plastic plugged, and the outlet vents in the dash had block-off plates in place of the vent tubes

i would sure like to see some pics of the special plates etc. and esp the bracket for the right side...got  an extra left side vent so i wanna start the transformation soon :)   thanks guys!

1charger69

well..i successfully modified the original bracket of a left side unit and converted it to right side.....looks factory too :2thumbs:  ill post up some pics soon.

Charger440RDN

I guess the heater is just for show, since nobody drives their Charger in the winter. Up north anyway.  :lol:

Ghoste

I use mine.  After all there are a few months where the snow and road salt haven't arrived but it's still nice enough to drive the car.  The heater has also come in handy more than once during the summer months as an emergency helper for the radiator when I've been overheating in traffic.  :icon_smile_wink:

THE CHARGER PUNK

i read somwhere that dick landys /6 68 charger was sold new to him from dodge a heater and radio delete car :yesnod: