News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Death Proof Charger

Started by stuntman mike, September 20, 2009, 12:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuntman mike

Howdy!

This is my new car.....With 440 Magnum and Holley 770 Avenger.

Its marked #1 Stunt, and I have the original "bill of sale" from Back to Back films Inc.
And its in topp of the list with 6 other chargers and 3 "Challengers".
The only one with engine.
On page 195 in The Grindhouse book, You can see a picture, with "Kurt" and a Camera gig, that is a fingerprint of my car. 

68X426

What's the hood ornament all about?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

elacruze

Quote from: 68X426 on September 20, 2009, 12:04:44 PM
What's the hood ornament all about?

Here's the origin;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKaxQmFBUOU&feature=related

I actually bought one!

http://deathproofduck.com/

I have a spare hood...may paint it primer black and mount the duck..otherwise it'll go on my school-bus yellow '85 GMC 4x4.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

RD

welcome to the site.  do you plan on leaving the charger in its original form or putting it back to its glory before they smashed it all up?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

elacruze

Quote from: RD on September 20, 2009, 12:43:35 PM
welcome to the site.  do you plan on leaving the charger in its original form or putting it back to its glory before they smashed it all up?

Man, I'd have to just get the running gear right and drive that dude just like it is!  :cheers:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

Supercharged Riot

stuntman mike

I don't want to change it..........Its runs like a rocket.
The "Duck" is  the "Rubber duck" from "Convoy" (movie with Kris Kristofferson back in the 70)
This duck is made in the original mold as in that movie.

stuntman mike

......more pics.

Hemidog

does the doors and hood open and close okay?
is the windshield held on by duct tape ?

stuntman mike

Yes, the doors and hood close okay... with some force.
The car is approved for the street.

The windshield has four ironplates with screws, and covered with "duct tape".

bull

So which stunts was this one used for? Apparently it wasn't the one that got rear-ended by the Challenger...

LeadfootBob

440 HP and wilwood brakes all round IIRC?  Should be fun :-)
Bought it off a certain dealer way down south, I gather? Saw the add on nitroz, had the down payment in his account for the "camera car" but he wouldn't give me any pictures before shipping it over. No dice!
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Tilar

Looks like you not only bought the charger, but you got some of the Challenger that rubbed off onto the side.  :smilielol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

stuntman mike

I have been told that this one is the only one, that was actually driven, by "Kurt" and "Buddy".
The other cars where dragged or pulled.In which scenes...I am not shire....but I think, mostly beetween "Kurt" spots the girls, the chase,
and He got shot.

Yes, a little bit of the challenger and I also got a radio, made out of "rubber". 

elanmars

how much did it cost? do the headlight covers open and close?

good find!!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Finn

Very cool! I found some of the others chargers, a challenger and a nova from that movie a couple months back. If you search my old posts you can find the thread. Glad to know they're not all just sitting there rotting away.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

BMOTOXSTAR

Sweet man, you scored Stunt Man Mike's Charger, freakin sweet.You have to leave it as is man, that is just to cool to be true.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Mike DC

Cool car.

I'd lay money you've got the specific car that Buddy Joe Hooker spun into the ditch for the pause in the middle of the chase.  (When Kurt Russell gets out and gets shot in the arm.) 

G-man

You actualy baught a car thats smashed up, you are leaving it smashed up, AND the road authorities said you can have it legally on the road smashed up.

Hell if I ever heard anything Crazy in my life you just topped it all off!

Mike DC

Hey, there's no law against body damage. 

I'd also vote (strongly) to leave it smashed.  Straightening that thing out would probably cost 2/3rds the price of putting together a straight clone of it. 

elacruze

Quote from: G-man on September 21, 2009, 01:21:04 AM
You actualy baught a car thats smashed up, you are leaving it smashed up, AND the road authorities said you can have it legally on the road smashed up.

Where do you live, G-Man? Heck, around Detroit or Miami, seeing a car in that condition as a daily driver isn't unusual at all!  :patriot:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

bigred68

Quote from: elacruze on September 21, 2009, 07:56:14 AM
Quote from: G-man on September 21, 2009, 01:21:04 AM

Where do you live, G-Man? Heck, around Detroit or Miami, seeing a car in that condition as a daily driver isn't unusual at all!  :patriot:
I was thinking the SAME thing!! Driving this awsome (BTW AWSOME!!  :2thumbs:) machine around the way it is doesn't seem crazy or illegal at ALL. !!! Too Cool, :coolgleamA: Awsome find. If  you don't mind us asking, approx. how much did ya pay?
:cheers:

1BAD68

That is really cool!
I would fix the windshield and drive it as is.
:2thumbs:

The way your hood is dented, it looks like the car towards the end of the chase scene right when he says "get ready to fly"...

1BAD68

and the left side looks just like this at the end...