News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NFL on DC.C

Started by Steelman, November 27, 2005, 08:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Predictions for the postseason anyone?

Pittsburg is hot right now, I see them upsetting the Bengals. And I see the Patriots beating the jaguars.

In the NFC its a toss up as to what teams will really show up for the weekend.

nh_mopar_fan

I can see Pitt beatng the Bengals as well. That Cincy defense has been exposed.

I agree on the Pats over the Jags as well.

I'll take the Giants over Carolina and Tampa over the Skins.

Steve P.

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 03, 2006, 08:30:01 AM
I can see Pitt beating the Bengals as well. That Cincy defense has been exposed.

I agree on the Pats over the Jags as well.

I'll take the Giants over Carolina and Tampa over the Skins.

Yup, Me too.........   :yesnod:  My ultimate football wet dream is a Superbowl played here in Tampa between the Bucs and the Bills...  ;) 

Think that will ever happen??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nh_mopar_fan

The only way the Bills are going to the SB anytime in the near future is with a ticket.

Steve P.

:iagree: :haha: :smilielol:  I'm hoping they make some SMART changes this year.. Maybe bring back Levy to help in the decision making proses.   They have been a bunch of losers ever since they screwed Flutie...................  That BAD decision cost them sooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly that it's taking years for anyone to forget and for then to earn anyones trust again. Especially the players... Nobody cares what the book says about injury. They should NEVER have put Flutie on the bench after pulling the Bills out of the fire..  Rob Johnson is a sand lot second stringer..

THEN:::::::: ( I don't know what kind of drugs Gruden was on ),, Rob Johnson comes to Tampa and wastes more of our funds!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gruden learned a hard lesson there... I think someone had some muscle over Gruden on that one!! How could ANYONE pick that loser?? ?? ?"? :icon_smile_cool:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Afflyer

I'd love to see brother vs. brother; i.e. Colts against the Giants. 

A guy can dream can't he?!

:devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

golden73

Quote from: Steve P. on January 03, 2006, 09:02:23 AM
:iagree: :haha: :smilielol:   I'm hoping they make some SMART changes this year.. Maybe bring back Levy to help in the decision making proses.     They have been a bunch of losers ever since they screwed Flutie...................   That BAD decision cost them sooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly that it's taking years for anyone to forget and for then to earn anyones trust again. Especially the players... Nobody cares what the book says about injury. They should NEVER have put Flutie on the bench after pulling the Bills out of the fire..   Rob Johnson is a sand lot second stringer..

THEN:::::::: ( I don't know what kind of drugs Gruden was on ),, Rob Johnson comes to Tampa and wastes more of our funds!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Gruden learned a hard lesson there... I think someone had some muscle over Gruden on that one!! How could ANYONE pick that loser?? ?? ?"? :icon_smile_cool:

I forsee some very significant changes to the bills in the near future. Ralph is going to be kickin some ass, and will be getting rid of Donahoe for sure. I hope he gets rid of Mularky too. The playing calling was absolutely terrible. I don't know what Mularky was thinking by starting kelly holcomb for as many games as he did, that guy is a 2nd string qb. Losman should have been getting a lot more playing time to prepare for next season.

And in my opinion, if the Bills stuck with Flutie, they definately could have made it to the superbowl.

Steve P.

:iagree: There is absolutely no doubt in my military mind........  Flutie was on fire and the rest of the Bills had the fuel....   They had all been sized up for thier rings allready...  Then they put RonDA back in...  The End..

Ralph needs send Mularky packing....  Dona WHO??  :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TheGhost

Quote from: 69_500 on January 02, 2006, 11:56:38 AM
Yeah the Dolphins beat the Pats, to finish off the season with 6 straight wins and a 9-7 mark. Not too shabby for a team that was said at the begning of the season to be lucky if they got 5 wins.

We are getting to be a competetive team again.

I'm predicting that we will be one of the teams to beat in 5 years.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nh_mopar_fan

The Bills draft like crap on top of that. They wasted a pick on McGahee when they already had a RB that was only in his 2nd-3rd year. They had other needs to fill and picked up a guy that was of no use for over a year.

golden73

Woohoo!!! It's officail, Donahoe is gone!!!!!!  :cheers:

Wilson has not determined Mularky's status yet.... I hope he is gone too!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-donahoefired&prov=ap&type=lgns

Steve P.

Marv is coming home....................

No way on Earth would Marv Levy had screwed Flutie like those bastards did!!!

I wonder if he will bring in coach Kelly?? Hehehe.... :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nh_mopar_fan

Flutie is not a starting NFL QB. He never was. He's a decent enough stand-in but that's about it. There is a reason that he's never been able to keep a starting job anywhere.

Steve P.

Back up now kNuckle Head.....  (That is what NH stands for, isn't it)??  Hehehe....

Flutie pulled the Bills heads out of their asses and into a winning season..... Rob Johnson is less than a water boy!!!   

Flutie is five times the ball player Johnson is and Ten times on SUNDAY............................
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nh_mopar_fan

Hmmm. Let me type slower so you can follow along... :icon_smile_big:

I never said he wasn't better than Rob Johnson, did I? I said he wasn't a starting NFL QB.

If you want to set the bar at "better than Rob Johnson", you can go get Jeff Blake.

Steve P.

I hear ya. I didn't set the bar with that pile of crap either.. He makes me :puke:. Realllly the only thing that kept Flutie from 1st string was his hight. But for a Q-back that saw everything from everyones armpits the man did one hell of a fine job!!!!!   :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

golden73

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 09:04:09 PM
Flutie is not a starting NFL QB. He never was. He's a decent enough stand-in but that's about it. There is a reason that he's never been able to keep a starting job anywhere.

I beg to differ. He was the right QB for the time for the bills, they could have gone far with him.

We get a new offensive coordinator too  :icon_smile_big:

Should be interesting next season...

firefighter3931

Flutie was the real deal ! A former college team mate of mine played with him while he was up here honing his skills in the CFL. He pulled more tricks out of his hat than you could imagine. His team mates absolutely luved him. When he won the Grey Cup for Toronto and was named MVP, he was given a brand new truck. What does he do ; tosses the keys to one of his recievers and says here ya go buddy...you deserve it ! Now that my friends is a CLASS ACT !

I remember when Buffalo signed him and the media ripped Bills management apart saying that they'd signed a midget and were wasting their money. I had to chuckle to myself knowing how good he was and having seen him play live several times. He sure shut the critics up fast down there and turned a franchise around in short order. He made All Pro that year as well. The Bills were one play away from the Superbowl....that loss to the Titans was BS. The big return by Tenessee's Wycheck was not a lateral....it was a forward pass. The Bills and Flutie were robbed of a Superbowl appearance by some poor officiating on a desparation play.

I remember when he played for Boston College and seeing an interview with Joe Paterno. Joe said that Flutie was one of the best QB's that he'd ever seen....that's pretty high praise from a coach of Paterno's stature.   :yesnod: Flutie is a born competitor, plain and simple. He loves the game and loves to compete and had success at every level he played. I know for a fact that he often played hurt....that's just the type of competitor he was.

What the Bills management did to him and their team was a travesty. Johnson was a poser who looked the part but couldn't deliver, all sizzle and no steak. There's a long list of 1st round busts just like him that never produced. Flutie got it done.....and then some.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

golden73

Well Ron definately said it best!

The man has his own cereal, you don't get your own cereal if you are bad!

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: golden73 on January 04, 2006, 09:40:57 PM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 09:04:09 PM

I beg to differ. He was the right QB for the time for the bills, they could have gone far with him.

We get a new offensive coordinator too  :icon_smile_big:

Should be interesting next season...

Hey, that had that playoff game won without Flutie. He didn't play in that game.

As I recall, some of the players in Buffalo were less than complimentary about Dougie once he was gone. Same thing happen in San Diego once he was out of there as well.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 04, 2006, 10:15:30 PM
Flutie was the real deal ! A former college team mate of mine played with him while he was up here honing his skills in the CFL. He pulled more tricks out of his hat than you could imagine. His team mates absolutely luved him. When he won the Grey Cup for Toronto and was named MVP, he was given a brand new truck. What does he do ; tosses the keys to one of his recievers and says here ya go buddy...you deserve it ! Now that my friends is a CLASS ACT !

I remember when Buffalo signed him and the media ripped Bills management apart saying that they'd signed a midget and were wasting their money. I had to chuckle to myself knowing how good he was and having seen him play live several times. He sure shut the critics up fast down there and turned a franchise around in short order. He made All Pro that year as well. The Bills were one play away from the Superbowl....that loss to the Titans was BS. The big return by Tenessee's Wycheck was not a lateral....it was a forward pass. The Bills and Flutie were robbed of a Superbowl appearance by some poor officiating on a desparation play.

I remember when he played for Boston College and seeing an interview with Joe Paterno. Joe said that Flutie was one of the best QB's that he'd ever seen....that's pretty high praise from a coach of Paterno's stature.  :yesnod: Flutie is a born competitor, plain and simple. He loves the game and loves to compete and had success at every level he played. I know for a fact that he often played hurt....that's just the type of competitor he was.

What the Bills management did to him and their team was a travesty. Johnson was a poser who looked the part but couldn't deliver, all sizzle and no steak. There's a long list of 1st round busts just like him that never produced. Flutie got it done.....and then some.

Ron

Oh please. I hear this all the time from the BC grads around here who still stumble around mumbling about "the pass". He was with what, 6 different NFL teams? He couldn't manage to keep a starting job anywhere. Now, I've heard this conspiracy theory that every team in the NFL had it out for Doug and were not going to give him a fair shake. That's so silly that it's not even worth addressing. There are plenty of college QBs that never make it in the NFL. Heismon trophy winners no less. The CFL is the minors, plain and simple.

Steve P.

Think what you like, Dice. Flutie has proven himself to more than a hand full of us... Sure there are lots of great QB's, but Flutie proved himself over and over just to be screwed over. Not only did he not deserve it, but neither did we...  >:(
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 04, 2006, 10:46:49 PM

Oh please. I hear this all the time from the BC grads around here who still stumble around mumbling about "the pass". He was with what, 6 different NFL teams? He couldn't manage to keep a starting job anywhere. Now, I've heard this conspiracy theory that every team in the NFL had it out for Doug and were not going to give him a fair shake. That's so silly that it's not even worth addressing. There are plenty of college QBs that never make it in the NFL. Heismon trophy winners no less. The CFL is the minors, plain and simple.

Lmao, dude you have no clue ! The pass was the highlight of a STELLAR college career. Doug won a lot of games other than the one he's most famous for.   :icon_smile_big: Ya i'll agree the CFL is a different league but it's produced some pretty descent QB's that have gone on to play well in the NFL. I suppose you've heard of Warren Moon, only the second leading passer in NFL history. Add in the 25,000 yards he threw for up here and he's thrown for more yards than any professional QB, period ! I'm sure you've also heard of Joe Thiesman, ya believe it or not he played up here as well. Lets not forget Jeff Garcia who kicked ass in San Fran. All these guys learned to play up here and went on to be pro bowlers. The CFL gave them their shot and an opportunity to hone their passing skills.

I've seen a few NFL greats try to revive their careers up here in the CFL with little success. Different game, faster moving and requires an athletic QB....not friendly to the slow, immobile pocket passer. I've played both styles and trust me, there's a huge difference....even from a lineman's perspective.

As for the negative comments after a player has left all i'll say is that's typical of any team. Politics plays a much larger part in professional (and amateur) sports than most people realize. There are lots of players who are kept around longer than they should be because management is afraid to admit making a mistake on draft day. Conversely, there are many great players that never get a chance.....Flutie got his chance and got it done....to say he was never a legitimate starter in the NFL is rediculous. You don't make the pro bowl and take your team within a play of the Superbowl if you're a pretender !   :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

nh_mopar_fan

Yes, I've heard of Moon, Theisman etc. They are the exception rather than the rule.

As for taking the Bills one play away from the SB, that was Johnson who played in that game against Tenn.

The knock against Dougie in SD was that, according to him, it was never his fault. He threw an INT in the final 2 minutes on a game winning drive in one of his last games in SD and when asked afterwards about the loss, refused to take any of the blame.

The guy was a great college QB. So was Gino Toretta.

nh_mopar_fan

"All these guys learned to play up here and went on to be pro bowlers. The CFL gave them their shot and an opportunity to hone their passing skills."

As does the Europe league and Arena ball. That's what the minors are for.