News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger stripe question

Started by sean68charger, November 27, 2005, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean68charger

i am having the r/t tail stripe painted on my 68 charger and need some info reguarding thickness of the stripes and gaps between etc, and where it goes across the trunk does it follow the `v` shaped contour of the trunk lid?
i  know that the rearmost thick stripe goes thro the sidelight hole on the frender
68 Charger 440 R/T<br />Burnout Bandit!!!

cudaken

Here is a PIC of 41 Husk's 68. If youstill need messurements I am sure Allen will be happy to stare at his Charger for you. With luck he will remember to take the messurments as well.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Troy

Yes, it follows the 'V'. I had a good picture from the old site which showed the widths and spacing but it's not anywhere that I can reach it at the moment.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

cudaken

I bet Allen is staring at his Charger as I miss spell. Did beat his butt in the dirt today working on his Challenger.

Thanks for the answer 8 Wheeler.

Cuda Ken
I am back

PocketThunder

I am going to buy a stripe from PerformaceCarGraphics and was wondering.  should i put the stripe on the car before or after my 3 coats of clear?

i was thinking it should go on after the clear coat, but a buddy at work said to put it on before....  (he's a chevy guy if that matters :nutkick:)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

8WHEELER

I would put it on after, if you are going for the original look. Plus if anything ever goes
wrong with the paint in that area and the stripe is on top you can just take the stripe off
and put a new one on. I have seen painted on stripes under the clear coat and the do
look nice, but it does not look original.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

cudaken

After as well. Some times strips will get bubbles when they sit in the sun. Water is used when installing them. If it bubbles and it is under the clear coat you are up the Chevy Creek.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Drop Top

I have to agree. The only time I ever put the stripe under the clear is if I paint it on. If you clear over any decal your just asking for problems. I have got away with it but I don't suggest it.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img