News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well would you look at that :)(Teaser added 10/16)

Started by ZSmithersCharges, October 06, 2009, 04:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSmithersCharges

On its way to Cincinnati will be here next Wednesday/Thursday :cheers:

Front bumper and valence in trunk by the way, along with bunches of other stuff.  :coolgleamA:
Let the fun begin!

bigred68

I've seen that car for sale for ever. Did you purchase it? BTW, looked like a good deal to me!!  :2thumbs:
:cheers:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: bigred68 on October 06, 2009, 04:42:51 PM
I've seen that car for sale for ever. Did you purchase it? BTW, looked like a good deal to me!!  :2thumbs:

Sure did  :2thumbs: Now its time to breath some life back into this thing!  When I get it home I'm going to record a video of it running and driving that way I have inspiration when its in pieces on my garage floor  :icon_smile_wink:

By the way its not an R/T he just threw the grill on so it had one, the corner is a little jacked but its not broken past the seam so I will be able to just replace the corner housing/trim temporarily to have a complete bumper.  Now if any of you can point me to where I can find one of those, that would be dandy.

bigred68

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 06, 2009, 04:48:26 PM
I've seen that car for sale for ever. Did you purchase it? BTW, looked like a good deal to me!!  :2thumbs:

Sure did  :2thumbs: Now its time to breath some life back into this thing!  When I get it home I'm going to record a video of it running and driving that way I have inspiration when its in pieces on my garage floor  :icon_smile_wink:
:popcrn: :popcrn: Please!! post pics and vid!! That was a very good deal, I think.. Heck, if I'd been workin, I might have puchased it myself.! PLEASE don't be stingy on the pics, video!!

Charger440RDN

looks very good, just light surface rust. Keep the pics coming  :yesnod:  :popcrn:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: bigred68 on October 06, 2009, 04:52:07 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 06, 2009, 04:48:26 PM
I've seen that car for sale for ever. Did you purchase it? BTW, looked like a good deal to me!!  :2thumbs:

Sure did  :2thumbs: Now its time to breath some life back into this thing!  When I get it home I'm going to record a video of it running and driving that way I have inspiration when its in pieces on my garage floor  :icon_smile_wink:
:popcrn: :popcrn: Please!! post pics and vid!! That was a very good deal, I think.. Heck, if I'd been workin, I might have puchased it myself.! PLEASE don't be stingy on the pics, video!!

I won't, I want to record them as much as you want to see them!  :yesnod:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 06, 2009, 04:53:21 PM
looks very good, just light surface rust. Keep the pics coming  :yesnod:  :popcrn:
Mhm, the trunk pan is the worst part on the car buts its just the pan frame rails are solid.  There are also two areas that need light patching in the floor pans but the rest is very solid, I was quite surprised.  I kind of expected to spend 500 bucks on plane tickets go out and see a roach and be let down.  Quite the opposite!  However its hard to tell without tearing it down so I wont talk it up too much until I know for sure!  :P

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

OldGuy

Save the hubcaps - those are hard to come by.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: OldGuy on October 06, 2009, 09:56:16 PM
Save the hubcaps - those are hard to come by.

I was planning on it they're too cool to get rid of.  I'm going to clean them up/refinish them so they are restored to their former glory, it might not even take that much.  I may or may not be making this car back to 100% original but I AM always going to leave the option open by keeping the original parts.  Tastes change, mine especially, one day I want a modded car sitting low looking racy the next I want a pristine classic that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

Mike DC

:scratchchin:

Hmm . . . might make a good General Lee replica . . .

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 06, 2009, 11:16:46 PM
:scratchchin:

Hmm . . . might make a good General Lee replica . . .
I was wondering when you were gonna chime in  :lol: I've said it before I DO like 68 Generals more but I couldn't do that we've already got enough good examples plus the blue is growing on me.  Also, I know you were joking but I HAD to entertain the though  :D

rt green

how good of a deal did you get on it?
third string oil changer

hemi68charger

Looks like you got a great project to work on.. Good luck on it... Look forward to updates.............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mike DC

That pic kinda reminds me of this still shot from "Bullitt." 

451-74Charger

Oh great fill up Cincy with more 68's
There is no way I can get you to bring it over the river to KY to convince the wife i need a 2nd gen to go with the 3rd?

twodko

Good for you! It looks far from a hanger queen and should be a fun resto, Congrats!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Armudster

Congratulations on the nice 68, it look solid and should be fun to restore, soon there will be 2 68s, your and mine, and we will restore them together!!! Kudos on the awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Troy

Let me know when it gets here or if you need anything!

Quote from: 451-74Charger on October 07, 2009, 09:52:41 AM
There is no way I can get you to bring it over the river to KY to convince the wife i need a 2nd gen to go with the 3rd?
Yeah, there aren't enough 68 in Cincinnati already. ;) We had a whole 2 of them at the Pumpkin Run (same 2 will be at the Sportsman's Club show in Batavia this Saturday).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

451-74Charger

Troy

Quote from: 451-74Charger on October 07, 2009, 01:16:25 PM
Any 3rd gens at Batavia?
Gotta check my pics - my brain shut down by Sunday. I'll post some later tonight.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: rt green on October 07, 2009, 07:21:06 AM
how good of a deal did you get on it?

I wouldn't consider it a steal or anything but $4500 for a running all orig. seems fair to me  :2thumbs:

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 07, 2009, 07:37:55 AM
Looks like you got a great project to work on.. Good luck on it... Look forward to updates.............

Troy

I'll make a project thread for you guys soon, I've got to move a few projects that I already have out of the way first... i.e sell them  :cheers:

Quote from: xx29440charger on October 07, 2009, 09:10:30 AM
I like this picture. :cheers: Chargers are the baddest cars hands down to come out of any car factory. :yesnod:

I thought it was sweet too, I didn't even take it Mike the guy who sold it to me did to let me know its on the way.  I saw it and immediately knew you guys would like to see it!

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 07, 2009, 09:38:04 AM
That pic kinda reminds me of this still shot from "Bullitt." 

Haha that's awesome, and now its my background picture  :icon_smile_wink:

Quote from: 451-74Charger on October 07, 2009, 09:52:41 AM

Better here than in Oregon where you will NEVER see it  :icon_smile_big: Oh, and she's not for sale :coolgleamA:

Quote from: twodko on October 07, 2009, 10:54:59 AM
Good for you! It looks far from a hanger queen and should be a fun resto, Congrats!

Tom

Well fun mixed with hell, accomplishment, pain, joy and every other emotion.   I think restorations for car guys are like drugs without having to take any.  By the time your done you'll have gone through every emotion known to man! And then theres still more everytime you get in it for a ride :cheers:

Quote from: Armudster on October 07, 2009, 12:20:53 PM
Congratulations on the nice 68, it look solid and should be fun to restore, soon there will be 2 68s, your and mine, and we will restore them together!!! Kudos on the awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:yesnod: Be sure to tell me when your plane gets in!

Quote from: Troy on October 07, 2009, 12:28:09 PM
Let me know when it gets here or if you need anything!

Troy

Will do! I'm probably going to need all the help I can get.  Not because I can't do it, but because its more fun that way  :lol: