News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

JC Whitney sheetmetal

Started by Steelman, November 27, 2005, 11:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelman

Has anyone on this site bought sheetmetal from here and does it fit?
"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"

jaak

although I have never bought JC panels, if you buy repo panels they are either A. Stamped steel- like the ones year-1, paddock, goodmark, etc, ect. sell usually 225 apeice give or take a few bucks. or B. They are hand made panels, that you sometimes see on ebay, Paddock sells them also, they tell you in the catalog they are hand made in Canada, these panels require more work to fit right and really you need some metal fab skill to get these to work, but often times are considerably cheeper that their stamped steel counterparts. I have bought one of the hand made quarters(frome paddock)  for a Charger, but I just cut a couple of patches out of it I did not use the whole part (thats why I bought the cheeper one) Judging from JC's price I would guess they are the hand made pieces, I could be wrong, maybe some one here has bought JC panels.

Good luck with you car,
Jason

moparguy01

a buddy of mine bought some back in HS. they were a peice of steel that was slightly curved and didnt look like they would fit anything. But they're a start. just expect to do alot of modification.

NHCharger

There was a thread on moparts about jc witney sheetmetal. The consensus was you might as well use a few layers of tin foil and save yourself the money.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bull

I've never bought any of it but what I've heard is all bad. What I've heard is that it's about the same as buying flat sheets of metal from the local steel yard, only more money.