News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger Tire Size Recomendations

Started by 1970 RT/SE, October 07, 2009, 12:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970 RT/SE

Putting my 71 Charegr back on the road and need some tire size help. I have 15'' steel rims now but will be going to rallyes at some point. I was thinking about 225-70-15 as I think the 235-60-15 look a little short. Any thoughts or pics ?

71charger_fan

Texas Charger

Here is mine, it has 255/60's on the front and 275/60's on the rear, all on 7" wide rims. 8" wide rims are going on ASAP, as the 7's are toooo narrow.

1970 RT/SE

Thanks. I am still undecided but will post a reply when I get something.

Foreman72

15x8, 4 1/2" backspace 275/60 tires on the rear, 15x7, and  3" backspace 245/60 tires on the front. thats my plan...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Charger440RDN

All 3rd gen chargers should have REALLY big tires in the back, they just look better that way.  :yesnod:

dodgecharger72

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 13, 2009, 08:32:18 PM
All 3rd gen chargers should have REALLY big tires in the back, they just look better that way.  :yesnod:

I couldn't agree with you more :icon_smile_big:     I think big wheels compisate for the long slender body of the 3rd gens. It makes them look a LOT meaner

auxiliarytwin

Hey guys,

Blast from the past with this old post revival.

I got a 72 Charger and based on these previous posts I want to believe it's a safe bet on 275's in the rear regardless of rear end (I have a 8 1/4), please confirm.  I too will be getting 15x7's up front and 15x8's out back but wanted to confirm this.  Also backspacing, what is the typical backspacing for these size rims to fit under the wheel wells and fill them nicely (rear close to the lip but not under)  I too like the look of a slightly higher rear end with a lower front end, it looks mean.  Any advice would be most helpful.

Post pics if you gottem.

Thanks!

auxiliarytwin

Nothing on this so far?  My tires recently disintegrated and would love some input on this info as I need to get wheels and tires ASAP.

Thanks ahead of time.

xpbprox

Right now I have 295's in the rear, I don't know the back spacing as the rims came with the car...

Chryco Psycho

275/60 are an easy fit , mine are on factory 7" police wheels , 8 " should be no problem as long sa you add 1/2 to each side of the factory offset

auxiliarytwin

Could you guys poast some pics of the fit, doesn't need to be upclose.  Or a link to the pics to your vehicle?

Thanks!

xpbprox

These are the only ones i have available right now, my car is in the body shop.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82599.0.html

Stretch

I have 235-60-R15 on the front and 295-60-R15 on the rear of my '73.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Beer

My 73

Wheels are 15x8 4" BS on all corners

Tires are 255/60/15 front  and 275/60/15 rear

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...