News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Past Car Shows - Chargers, Daytonas, & Mopar Pics

Started by Old Moparz, November 27, 2005, 04:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Since I have the scanner going, I found some photos I wanted to post. The first one is the first Charger I had. It was a 1969 SE with a 383-4V, black vinyl top, tan leather interior, but repainted red before I bought it. It's behind the big, ugly, 4 door, '71 Lincoln.   :icon_smile_big:   All you can see is the roof, but it's there, & the only photo I ever had of it. I had a girlfriend at the time come over to take B&W pics of the Lincoln for the local "Want Ad Press" so I can place an ad with a photo. Sold it for a whole $125 back in 1983?

The second one is a Daytona that I know nothing about or where it was. A friend of mine took pictures somewhere on vacation & it was there.

The third & forth are a Charger & a Road Runner that was at a car show at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ back around 1985. Went there with my wife before we were married. She said it was the first time she was at Raceway Park for a car related event. The only time other than that was to see the Grateful Dead. She said it was a good show, (The Dead) but it was a mud hole. They built a barrier out of shipping containers & had a bunch of thugs, maybe even Hell's Angels for security. Anything they confiscated they kept.   :eek:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Old Moparz

Here's a row of A-Bodies I had back around 1990 or 1991.

Photo #1 (L to R)
1976 Dart Sport, slant 6 & a 4 speed, no rust.
1975 Duster, slant 6, auto, 245,000 miles, lots of rust.
1973 Duster, "Gold Duster" slant 6, auto on floor, sport mirrors.
1971 Scamp, 318, auto, A/C, had the motor redone with some HP parts & still have the car.

My friend had a barbeque one day & we ended up parking on his lawn back around 1990. Everyone still has their car to this day too.

Photo #2 (Lto R)
1979 Little Red Express (Bill's) 360 auto, still has it
1971 Scamp (Mine)
1970 Superbird (Craig's) 440-6V, 4 speed, original drive train. He has the white one too.
1974 Barracuda (Mike's) 440, auto, tunnel ram, but now has a different 440 with more HP & a 4V.
1969 Dart GTS, (Paul's) Was a 340 car, but now a 440, 4 speed.
               Bob                

golden73

Old Moparz

More Pics!! The 1985 Mopar Nationals at the Chysler Proving Grounds & Milan Dragway in Michigan.

I didn't see the woman behind the Cuda until I scanned this.  ::)
               Bob                

Old Moparz

More from the 1985 Nats, & I like seeing wing cars on the drag strip too.
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Not too many tracks will let you get this close during a burnout in the staging lanes. I remember people walking behind these cars when chunks of rubber were flying.  :o

Nice Demon:
               Bob