News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door lock problems, please help!

Started by trevor74, December 19, 2008, 12:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trevor74

so i am finaly putting everything back together on 1974 charger and the doors were taken apart and hte person who did it before me screwed up all the door lock linkage, the clips are broke for the rods and the clips on the back of the lock cylinder are gone, the locks are good and everything i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get the linkage and clips and everything. thanks

trevor

Nacho-RT74

plastic clips are available around anywhere... if nobody post before me, will do later.

there are left hand and right hand clips
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

E5 Charger

Search for this on ebay Item number: 270315569810

400/6/PAC

I just put mine togather recentaly.
I got new clips from the parts store.
The linkage on My passanger door was bent but I had extra doors to pull another one.
I still have some linkage if You need one.
Good luck

AZMoparboy

Hi Guys,

I'm just trying to put together the 73 charger still and needing help with small parts in the doors. This time I'm looking for the lock rod clips that go on the lock cylinder down to the latch mechanism. This rod is an 1/8th inch rod, all of the other rods that are in the door are 5/32th. NAPA only has the large ones, auto zone has only the large. Does Chrysler still carry them? These little clips are aways breaking, someone must sale them. Asking for help again

FLG

I have all the rods and clips needed. I'll check when i go to the shop tomorrow. Driver or passenger?

TylerCharger69

You can usually find them in the help section at most auto parts stores