News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hood mounted turn signals

Started by steveca, November 28, 2005, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveca

anybody know what kind of voltage I should see to the hood mounted turn signals (at the wire junction under the hood) on a 69 Charger in order for them to do their thing?  I assume it should be 12 volts but I'm only getting 3-4 to one and 6 to the other with no response from either bulb?  And if my assumption is correct, what should I be checking to fix the problem (of no turn sigs on the hood - they work fine front and back)?   thanks in advance

Chryco Psycho

there must be some resistance in the connector , the hoodlights use 12v bulbs & operate on 12v

Spartan

I took a little steel wool and sandpaper to take the rust and crud off the connections both inside and outside the bulb housing.  After doing that, both mine started working again. 

One thing I noticed when I replaced my yellow lenses with repros the holes for the pegs were undersized and cracked when I tried to push them on.  I don't know if they were purposely undersized or just the set I had but I will have to replace mine again.  If you are doing that, keep that in mind as well.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)