News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

getting my charger 68 today

Started by john.v, October 28, 2009, 12:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

none

13 (81.3%)
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

john.v

hello there, i am new in the Charger world and yesterday i finally found my Charger. (the only one on the island)
today i am going to get it and i really really need all the help that i can get from you guy's while restoring and getting it back to life.
it's a 68 with no engine and trans. even the guy took out the floors already last year. the body itself looks perfect with no crazy looking rust.
but tomorrow i have a better look when its in my garage. will post pix when i have them.

:cheers:
john

G-man

Hope you dont find what I did. :Twocents:

Welcome and all the best with it.

motorcitydak

Just try to stop smiling...you will not be able to. Id suggest taking some pics of it with your phone if you can because you will find yourself wanting to see it all the time expecially if you are away from it.

Everything you said that is a problem with the car can be easily be taken care of by a few capable hands and the guys here know maybe a little too much. We all will be able to help you out with whatever comes up with the car. In the mean time, take a sigh of relief that you finally found your car. Have a beer and post up some pics of the car when you get em.
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Dans 68

Welcome, John! Aruba, hmm? Exotic! Post pictures when you can.   :cheers:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dart3404

Good luck. You came to the right place for info. These guys know their stuff. Welcome.  :cheers:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 28, 2009, 01:41:57 AM

Dan

How do you know he's in Aruba?  I was there 10 years ago and i didnt find any Chargers..  Hmmmm  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

:cheers:  Welcome to the site.   Don't forget the pictures.   :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 28, 2009, 08:15:19 AM
Quote from: Dans 68 on October 28, 2009, 01:41:57 AM

Dan

How do you know he's in Aruba?  I was there 10 years ago and i didnt find any Chargers..  Hmmmm  :scratchchin:

...by his email addy. "webastoaruba@hotmail.com"  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan 
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

john.v

ok, i got it, payed the guy, got a tow truck (thank you Jossito towing for not charging me  :2thumbs: ) and now its at the Shop.
will be taking a inventory for what parts to buy next weekend because this weekend its drag race weekend.
i have taken some pics so i will try to download them.

yes, i am from Aruba and born in Curacao, i am 39 and work at a importeur of BMW, Landrover, Jeep Chrysler Dodge, subaru and Suzuki as Service Manager.
the charger that i purchase is the only Charger now on the island, as i was told that they where 2 1968 on the island but the other one was sold to a dutch guy and he took that one to Holland.
so until now this is the only charger on the island.

Brock Samson

:2thumbs: Totally Cool! only one on the Island Huh?!  :icon_smile_wink:

Steelshanks

:popcrn:

Gonna be a big job gettin that puppy back in shape.  

Confucius say: "Man who stand on toilet high on pot..."

My 1st Gen Resto Thread

Charger440RDN

Congrats on the purchase  :cheers: and good luck on the restoration. Get to know AMD well and you will be in good shape! They make every panel for that car.

Here is the link: http://www.autometaldirect.com/

mally69

congrats.. take more pics    we love pics  :icon_smile_big:

BBKNARF

Welcome John, you will find plenty of help on the forum, have fun.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

dpm68

QuoteGonna be a big job gettin that puppy back in shape.
- Si, buena suerte, amigo!

moparstuart

welcome   great find ,  more pictures please   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Khyron

congrats.... so I hear it's the only one on the island :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

john.v

ok, i got some more photo's.  and also the vin number XP29F9B245555.  just got a good news that a good friends is donating his 400 ci with transmission to me for my project.
yes i know that the charger didnt come that year with a 400 ci but ok, his giving this to me.....free beeee free beee.
with a good stroker kit i will get more HP out of this engine.
will take pix when i go get it this weekend.

charge1

Congrats and good luck with the car

b5blue

Welcome and good luck! Save that Charger it needs your help!  :cheers:

PocketThunder

Quote from: john.v on October 29, 2009, 05:47:06 PM
ok, i got some more photo's.  and also the vin number XP29F9B245555. 

Are you sure its a 68?  It sure looks like a 68, but that vin number is for a 1969.   :ahum:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

john.v

you are so right PocketThunder, have check that vin number again. have check the plate under the hood and it match the one on the dash.  :brickwall:
so  :brickwall: i need to change this topic line  :smilielol: to
getting my 69 charger today hahaha

skip68

The car is a 68 but the dash and fender tag have been changed.   I think that's right but I could be wrong.   Check the numbers on the back of the car on the drivers side were the trunk seal goes.  It should be about were the gas cap is in the trunk seal.   You can check the radiator support for numbers on top to.    I bet they don't match.    Keep those pictures coming.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

motorcitydak

Yeah that VIN had to be changed. Everything on that car is a '68 so unless someone changed the front sheet metal, rear quarters and tail panel, it is a 68 car with a 69 VIN
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]