News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Sizes - Battling Everyones Dilemma

Started by BLUE68RT4ME, October 30, 2009, 10:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUwWDc1MA==/z/E8cAAOSwBLlVChmi/$_12.JPG
I want something different from the cragar, Torque thrust look for my 68.  Something a bit more modern.  What do you all think of these on a 68?
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

68charger440

When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Lennard

:eek2: To me, those are truck wheels. Hence the 8 bolt holes...

MxRacer855

68charger440

I was afraid everyone would notice that.  My son threatened to disown me, and asked if a 6" lift and 4wd was next.  I don't know why, but I keep finding wheels I like only to see that they are truck wheels. :P I must be getting loosing it.  I still think they would look cool, but I would be the only one who thought so, and I would probably get ridiculed to no end. :eek2:

68charger440

Quote from: mike337 on January 06, 2013, 12:58:21 PM
16 x 8 American Racing AR898 rims with P235/60R16 Falken SN211 tires.  Now I just need to buy the Wilwood brakes for front and back.  Note: the new rear springs have a one inch lift greater than stock.

Mike
Here is another I like from this thread, but...you guessed it they are truck wheels too. :brickwall:

WHITE AND RED 69

Stay away from the truck wheels!   :lol:  Get a wheel that has some lip to it. The wheels where the spokes meet the outside of the hub always look out of place on muscle cars.  :Twocents:

What style wheel are you looking for? Modern as in multi spoke, retro modern, luxury?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

68charger440

I have narrowed it down to either 18" all around or 18 in back and 17 in front.  I would like 18 x 10 in back and 18 x 8 or 9 in front or 17 x 8 or 9 in front.  I also think I want chrome or aluminum, but not painted. Other than that I am open to anything, but I have had Cragars on there for 40 years and everyone has them or something similar, so I would like something to stand out a little bit.

WHITE AND RED 69

What's your budget on them?

Here are a couple that I have liked for a while. On the 5 spoke it has a polished outer with brushed spokes. Looks real good in person.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

68charger440

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 19, 2015, 06:07:00 PM
What's your budget on them?

Here are a couple that I have liked for a while. On the 5 spoke it has a polished outer with brushed spokes. Looks real good in person.
My budget is flexable.  The first one is too much like the Cragar Torque Thrust etc.  I like the second one better.
I like the American Racing Gasser, but I don't know if I can get 18 x 10 on it.
http://www.customwheelsexpress.com/images/AR-VN474-Gasser-2.jpg

WHITE AND RED 69

How about something like this? Same style as the Gasser wheel, just a little bit different. And comes in just about any size you want.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

myk

The only other wheel outside of the traditional Torq Thrust style that I've ever considered are the ones run by "white and red" who posted above me and MSRacing89.  There just aren't many styles that work, in my own very narrow opinion...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

68charger440

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 19, 2015, 06:45:58 PM
How about something like this? Same style as the Gasser wheel, just a little bit different. And comes in just about any size you want.
I like that newstalgic one. I'll have to look for some pics on Chargers if possible.

MxRacer855

I actually like the 4th rim that White and Red posted!
Pretty cool looking rim for and old school style!  :2thumbs:

Jeff

MxRacer855

Quote from: 68charger440 on August 19, 2015, 08:22:15 PM
I like that newstalgic one. I'll have to look for some pics on Chargers if possible.

Perfect timing!  :2thumbs:

68charger440

Quote from: MxRacer855 on August 19, 2015, 08:23:11 PM
Quote from: 68charger440 on August 19, 2015, 08:22:15 PM

Perfect timing!  :2thumbs:
Who makes that one? I couldnt find it online.

68charger440

MxRacer855

WHITE AND RED 69

The Intro Newstalgic is way nicer than the truck wheels   :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

68charger440

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 20, 2015, 12:56:14 AM
The Intro Newstagic is way nicer than the truck wheels   :lol:
I'm gonna put those truck wheels on along with the 6" lift and 4wd; then I gonna hook it up to my doublewide an move to where I'm appreciated! :smilielol: :slap: :rofl:

HPP

Quote from: 68charger440 on August 19, 2015, 03:52:17 PM
I was afraid everyone would notice that.  My son threatened to disown me, and asked if a 6" lift and 4wd was next.  I don't know why, but I keep finding wheels I like only to see that they are truck wheels. :P I must be getting loosing it.  I still think they would look cool, but I would be the only one who thought so, and I would probably get ridiculed to no end. :eek2:

Actually, they do offer 5 lug versions. However, they don't have a compatible bolt pattern listed. You need a 5 on 114mm. The smallest they offer is 127mm.

http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheelSpecs.cfm?id=35&f=1&wiid=56

68charger440

Yeah, i saw that also, and I also found some other similar wheels that actually have the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern, but everyone will still make fun of it.  Part of me says it is my car and I'll do what I like, while the other part of me says if everyone thinks it looks stupid then there must be something wrong with me. :shruggy:
These have the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern.

myk

You do what you feel is right.  People can flap their gums all day about YOUR car, but at the end of the cruise or show-n-shine you have to drive your car home, park it, and live with it.  

Personally, I think those wheels look great.  Maybe someone can photoshop those wheels onto your car as a preview?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

HPP

Unless they are cognizant of truck wheel manufacturers, most won't know the difference. I also wouldn't automatically dismiss using a part because it is designated as LT, especially tires. On some items, the extra beef that comes with a truck part is welcome. In others, not so much.

MxRacer855

Myk is right. Ultimately, you have to go with what you think looks good. It's your car. It needs to make you happy, not everyone else.
Maybe you'll be sprites and get a lot of compliments for it too! Or maybe you'll son won't ever talk to you again, lol.

Either way, it's easily reversal if you don't like it.

Jeff