News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Sizes - Battling Everyones Dilemma

Started by BLUE68RT4ME, October 30, 2009, 10:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charge_her

Hi guys and gals,

Wheels and tires came in. 245/45/17 in front, 305/45/18 in back....its gonna be close.

I'll post pics when installed.

Thanks for the advice and photos.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Sweet!  That baby's gonna have some serious rake to it!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charge_her

Yeah, its got shackles too...so it is gonna be a lot of rake.

Hope it looks good :)

Dino

Quote from: Charge_her on August 29, 2015, 05:15:31 PM
Yeah, its got shackles too...so it is gonna be a lot of rake.

Hope it looks good :)

I feel a 70s vibe coming on.   :lol:

Shackles are cheap and easy to replace, just in case.

303 Mopar

Those look SWEET!   :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

I can't wait to see them on.  What springs and shocks do you have?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Charge_her

Had front end rebuilt when I first got it many moons ago. Mostly standard replacements for stock parts. Springs front, leafs back. Not sure on brand of shocks.

Dino

MxRacer855

Charge_her

Thanks. I'll post pics of them on next week.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Charge_her on August 30, 2015, 02:09:37 PM
Thanks. I'll post pics of them on next week.
Looking forward to seeing them on.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Charge_her

As promised here are some pics.

The 305/45/18's fit great on the left side, not quite on the inside right. Once the rear discs go on I'll get about 1/4" more room between the tire and inside wheel well wall. I'm looking to add a 1/4" wheel spacer on the right as well. Anyone else run into differences between right and left fitment before? I guess its only noticeable when you cram that much meat in there.  :icon_smile_big:

Fronts are 245/45/17 w/ NITTO555, backs are NITTO 555R

68charger440

Quote from: Charge_her on September 15, 2015, 05:42:14 PM
As promised here are some pics.

The 305/45/18's fit great on the left side, not quite on the inside right. Once the rear discs go on I'll get about 1/4" more room between the tire and inside wheel well wall. I'm looking to add a 1/4" wheel spacer on the right as well. Anyone else run into differences between right and left fitment before? I guess its only noticeable when you cram that much meat in there.  :icon_smile_big:

Fronts are 245/45/17 w/ NITTO555, backs are NITTO 555R
I have 1/8" diff between right and left.  I think it is the odd one that is perfect from side to side. 
Can you post a pic or three from a bit further away so I can see the whole car, and from the ground level instead of on the lift.  I am looking at the same combo, so I want as many looks as I can get.
Thx
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Mopar Nut

Charge_her

Here ya go. Pics when its on the ground and from further back.  I think adjusting the torsion bars will help bring the front down an inch or so, should look good.

MxRacer855

Charger Her - is that thing tubbed, or stock?

Jeff

Charge_her

Stock. But I only have about 1/4 - 1/2" of space on each side of the tire (on the left side). Its got old leaf springs and shackles, once those are replaced and rear discs on things will be a bit different....hopefully better (especially on the right side where I have no room on the inside between tire and wheel well wall). I'll add a 1/4" spacer plus the discs to push the wheel out a 1/2", hopefully leaving 1/4" on each side. We will see.

A lot of folks were wondering if this setup would work, so I gave it a shot. Wish me luck!  :cheers:

68charger440

I like it...  part of me still misses the raised white lettering from back in the day though.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Charge_her

Agree, it was hard going away from the 15" rims and white letters. But she wore them for 10-15 years, time for a new pair of shoes and more modern look. Maybe in 10 years I go back to Cragar SS and BF Goodrich Radial T/A's.

68charger440

So what is the backspacing on them, and are they TT2 wheels?

68charger440

Funny you mention the Cragarss and radial T/A...  that is what I have now and am looking for a change too.

Dino

That looks fantastic!  Good job!   :2thumbs:

I agree dropping the nose a bit will make it just right.

Mopar Nut

Lowering the front a little would give it a nice stance.   :2thumbs:

Charge_her

Thanks! I'm happy with them.

18x10 AR Torq Thrust 2.1 - 5 x 4.5 bolt, 5.75 bs
17x8 AR Torq Thrust 2.1 - 5 x 4.5 bolt, 4.75 bs
305/45R18 Nitto NT555R Drag Radial
245/45R17 Nitto NT555 Extreme Radial