News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grill Installed -- Pics Attached...

Started by Mfr426, November 28, 2005, 08:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, I took a half an hour tonight and installed the grill. It dropped in nicely and I did not adjust it for fit or tighten the bolts down yet. The fit looked pretty good to me for a first try. I really looks SWEET!!

Check it out!!!

This thing might actually make it on the road before I'm 40(April)!!!

Shakey

Well done!

I will take the advice from this site and install mine as an assembly, when the time comes.

Looks great!

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mfr426

Thanks guys!

Without a doubt installing as an assembly is the way to go. It took me about 5 minutes to put it in. I can not imagine trying to put the vacuum pods in with the grill frame already installed.

Skull-1

* * * Y E S * * * ! ! ! ! !

TOUCHDOWN!!!

Awesome...  :)
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

jaak

:punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka:
:METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Looks Great, I restored my grille the same way,,, all the trim and stuff using blount screwdivers and big files ground down, it gives you a good feelin' of accomplishment doin it yourself.... Trim striaghtening is not as tough as folks think.  keep up the GRRRRRRRRRReat job.

Jason

8WHEELER

SHOW CAR GRILLE   :thumbs: I see 1st place awards in your future Grasshopper  ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Mfr426

Thanks guys. Car show sounds good. Cant wait for winter to be over already....

THE CHARGER PUNK

what model of tires are those ?also are they radials or bias-ply???-MATT

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger4404spd

Good job. :thumbs:      I know what you went though, I restored mine last winter.

Shakey

Quote from: Charger4404spd on November 30, 2005, 06:07:54 PM
Good job. :thumbs:         I know what you went though, I restored mine last winter.

And we used yours as a guideline.  I say we because both Mike & I did this around the same time and we shared information as to how to do it.  You were instrumental in this project!

:thumbs:

Thanks

Mfr426

I concur. I used this site and these threads to help me thru the long process. I referred to the forum almost every day. I also used this site for photo pics on my reassembly...

http://charger.rebby.com/exterior.php?subpage=grille

Also, the tires are radials and are "Firestone Firehawks" that look era correct (I think). They are new with NO miles on them but need to be cleaned up from sitting so long off the car.

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback.

694spdRT

Truly stunning! Isn't all the hard work worth it when you finally see the finished product.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Mfr426

Yep, the hard work is very rewarding when it ends looking correct. I think I'll enjoy a year or so off from the car project once she's on the road. It's been a long, LONG 9 years. Just ask my wife... ::)

Charger_Fan

Great looking grille!

Your paint's looking pretty darn glossy too! :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

golden73

Excellent work, that will definately win some trophies!  :thumbs:

AirborneSilva