News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spotted a bird

Started by Slowpoke, November 06, 2009, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowpoke

While at work this morning spotted a primered Superbird going by on a trailer  :2thumbs:. Did not get a real good look but appeared to be a roller without glass and taillights were missing. It was on the west side of Indianapolis.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

BPTRacing

hmm - like this??

"just" a clone.

Had it at ProMax Carbs on gasoline alley for some test measurements and test fitting of tires.

Will be back over that way soon to have a new cage and 4-link installed by Joe Barasczc Racecraft after the NHRA season is done and he is available. 

Soon to be a 8.60 twin turbo "street" car.  :2thumbs:

Scott
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

hotrod98

It really is a small world.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Slowpoke

Yes that was it  :icon_smile_big:. Cool toy, looks like it will be a lot of fun when done.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

69_500

Quote from: BPTRacing on November 07, 2009, 01:55:15 AM
hmm - like this??

"just" a clone.

Had it at ProMax Carbs on gasoline alley for some test measurements and test fitting of tires.

Will be back over that way soon to have a new cage and 4-link installed by Joe Barasczc Racecraft after the NHRA season is done and he is available. 

Scott

If you are here in Indianapolis you should hit me up. I live just about 10 minutes from gasoline alley here on the south side of Indianapolis.

BPTRacing

Quote from: 69_500 on November 07, 2009, 08:42:42 AM

If you are here in Indianapolis you should hit me up. I live just about 10 minutes from gasoline alley here on the south side of Indianapolis.

Had to head back to Champaign, IL for a bowling tournament Sat. and Sunday. With a little luck I hope to be back over in Indy Sunday evening and monday. I generally hang out at ProMax playing with motors on the dyno, or Buffalo Wild Wings in Speedway with a cold beer and wireless internet!

Give me a call or txt to 217-369-7665 and I will add you to my phone list! I would love to have another Mopar contact in Indy! (same for "slowpoke")

Scott

superbirdtom

Quote from: BPTRacing on November 07, 2009, 01:55:15 AM
hmm - like this??

"just" a clone.

Scott
who does a twin turbo??   is it on a 440.  I always wanted a twin turbo 440, can you dial it in from electronic controls in the car??   any pics of motor???? thanks  looks great

BPTRacing

Quote from: superbirdtom on November 07, 2009, 04:01:14 PM
who does a twin turbo??   is it on a 440.  I always wanted a twin turbo 440, can you dial it in from electronic controls in the car??   any pics of motor???? thanks  looks great

I have the motor - have not yet selected the turbos - waiting to get the chassis together.

The most likely plan is to use two GT76GTS turbos with a FAST EFI system. Since everything is taking 2x as long as planned to complete, I am waiting till the last minute on those items to be sure I get the "latest" technology.

The motor is a 440 based design - using a 4-bolt mega block, 4.380" bore, callies 4.25" stroker crank for 513cid.  KB gear drive with cam driven fuel pump. The Indy EZ-325cnc heads have harland sharp rockers, and I had a Hilborn "shotgun" injector modified for the EFI throttle body with TPS.  The FAST system does have inputs for the BOV and wastegate controls.

Fiberglass hood and trunk - Janak nose and wing, steel fenders. The front suspension has already been replaced with an Alter-k-tion unit.

one of these days I will actually drive it, but for now I still get a warm fuzzy feeling just seeing it in the rear view mirror when on the trailer!  :)

superbirdtom

thats going to be one wicked motor.  are you going to of course have that sinister looking snorkel sticking out of the hood?  and is that a one piece glass hood? if so who makes it.  thanks   SBT

BPTRacing

Quote from: superbirdtom on November 08, 2009, 12:16:20 AM
thats going to be one wicked motor.  are you going to of course have that sinister looking snorkel sticking out of the hood?  and is that a one piece glass hood? if so who makes it.  thanks   SBT

I have two fiberglass hoods - the "race" or "pin-on" hood with no bracing on the bottom side and a "bolt-on" which looks like a stock hood underneath and can be bolted to the stock hinges. The race hood came with the body when I got it, the bolt on I bought for $440 from Glasstek, they also sell a race hood for $310.

Indy Cylinder head is soppedly coming up with a new lower profile max wedge port intake which I hope to get the injector hat under the hood. Currently it looks like about 1/2 the hat will be visible, then the pipes to the intercoolers will slope back under the hood.

Hood and tire pics

superbirdtom

I can build you a hood with the airgrabber bulge but it also has a naca duct with a vacuum door I only built one so far years ago. I could draw it up if you are interested. all fiberglass

moparstuart

Quote from: BPTRacing on November 08, 2009, 01:11:35 AM
Quote from: superbirdtom on November 08, 2009, 12:16:20 AM

I have two fiberglass hoods - the "race" or "pin-on" hood with no bracing on the bottom side and a "bolt-on" which looks like a stock hood underneath and can be bolted to the stock hinges. The race hood came with the body when I got it, the bolt on I bought for $440 from Glasstek, they also sell a race hood for $310.

Indy Cylinder head is soppedly coming up with a new lower profile max wedge port intake which I hope to get the injector hat under the hood. Currently it looks like about 1/2 the hat will be visible, then the pipes to the intercoolers will slope back under the hood.

Hood and tire pics

those tire even look bigger in person   , they are just crazy   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE