News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Computer Check Up From The Neck Up

Started by cudaken, November 29, 2005, 09:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

OK, got the sort of good computer up and running but still having problems! (there a shocker Troy ;D)

System is Window's XP Pro and is a Teck verison. Other words can be loaded with out the pass words and after 30 days it will take on your IP number. Cost out the butt I was talked into it. Bought I think mainly because the guy talked me into think Bill Gates was evil. Plus I had 2 other keyboard thingies that I was wanting to up grade to XP pro.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Now the sort of a problem. After it was formatted and I load my soft ware it wanted to start in safe mode. Took it back and was formatted again for free. They ran it for 48 hours and no problems. Brought home and loaded my cable modem CD and then the fun started again. Half the time it boots in safe mode, run a defrag, regestiory reapiar, or dic clean up, shut down and works fine the next time? Seems like any program that run's the C Drive in safe mode makes it run right again?

Problem started when I installed the modem drivers, Charter did tell me the moduem was fine with XP Pro.

Must be a soft ware problem but how do you find it? I all so let Bill Gates down load all the up dates he seemed to think I needed as well.

Far as I know all the drivers are up to date as well. That was done the last time I had it formatted. Only thing they could not load was the cable thingie.

Is there a program I can get the will find the problem! I could go into MS Comfige and shut stuff down  but that would take longer than re botting.

Cuda Ken 
I am back

Old Moparz

Ken, you didn't download any pics from the Mopar calendar girl thread, did you?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

cudaken

Hum, where did you get a PIC of my Keyboard Thingie?
I am back

Charger_Fan

It's probably from viewing the "smallest bikini" thread, huh? :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cudaken

Giggles are good, but is there any real help?

Cuda Ken
I am back

Old Moparz

Sorry Ken, I'm lucky if I can change a setting on my screen, so any help from me would make it worse.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

69_500

No help here either. when are some of the real computer save people going to show up and fix your problem?

Charger_Fan

Same here...I know just enough to make myself dangerous. :crazy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

steveca

Ken - try this - go to settings / control panel / system / hardware tab / device manager, then look for your modem.  If it's there, right click and click on uninstall.  Reboot the machine, plug and play should see your modem and ask you for an install disc.  Insert the disk and let Windows take over from there.  If all this doesn't work, start the computer in safe mode and do the same thing.

cudaken

Steve, as you know I have done that. Odd, problem. Well it has started 3 time's in a row so maybe it fixed it self ???

Hum, where is the smoke coming from? :icon_smile_big:

Ken
I am back