News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 Hemi

Started by carolina charger, December 13, 2009, 08:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolina charger

Was the 426 hemi ever offered in a camper. I've got a friend that swears he knows of an older camper that has a 426 in it. Its been sitting in the woods a long time and theres some trees growed up around it. Think it would be worth following up on?

maxwellwedge

426 Wedge - Never a 426 Hemi

68X426

No, no Hemi.

During the 60s, there was a 426 Hemi designated as the Industrial motor, as well as the famous 426 Hemi Marine engines. It would be impossible that one of those made its way into any 4 wheeled vehicle. (*The Marine Hemi has a great history, including the world champion Miss Chrysler Crew, with two supercharged Marine Hemis built by Keith Black.)

If by camper you mean Dodge motorhomes made by Travco (known as the Frank Division before 1965), those campers used a 318 (with a 413 option), and then a 440 after 1970.

IIRC, the 426 Wedge was produced in 63, 64 and 65. Odds are very very slim that a 426 Wedge made it to a camper (Dodge motorhome?). So most likely your friend has seen a 440 in a Dodge (or Unger, Winnebago, or Beechwood) branded motorhome and sort of remembers it as a Hemi. :scratchchin:

If you need a 440 and it's free, then yeah it's worth a look. :shruggy:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TheAutoArchaeologist

There was no 426 Hemi industrial engines.  That stopped with the 354.  There were some marine ones though.

http://www.thehemi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1816

rav440

even though they didnt put a 426 HEMI in motor homes its not out of the realm of possibility that somebody put it in there . eitherway id go check it out because you just never know till you take the time to see it for yourself .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

FJMG

A whole new view on the old phrase; "that thing gotta hemi?"