News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wiper question for snow ?

Started by The Ghoul, December 02, 2005, 02:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

Ok, so I have been seeing this allot now that its snowing out. People have been flipping there windshield wiper arms up the night before it snows. I can only assume this is so the snow doesn’t ice them to the windshield. I always thought that the springs that press the arms down towards the windshield would be stretched too far when they are in this up position, which will eventually cause the wipers not to work as well.
has any one else seen this/ done this?
will this cause damage to the wiper arm springs as I expect?

Charger_Fan

If the wiper arm is actually designed to flip straight out, then no, the springs aren't being stretched enough to do damage. However, it sure makes it more attractive for vandals to break your arms off.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The Ghoul

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 02, 2005, 02:29:32 PM
If the wiper arm is actually designed to flip straight out, then no, the springs aren't being stretched enough to do damage. However, it sure makes it more attractive for vandals to break your arms off.
well they are hinged and saty put in the up position but the springs are streched more than normal in that position... that and it looks goofie as heck  ;D

73ChargerSE

Flipping up windshield wipers is fun to do to your friends at school. :P  :icon_smile_big: