News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Their now makeing Superbird rear window trim ?

Started by rob-dirt, December 21, 2009, 10:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob-dirt

GOOD news for the clone people

P G CLASSIC
1970 Superbird Rear Window Trim
[122-R] $1,299.00

New Reproduction 1970 Superbird Rear Window Trim, Sold as a kit.     ( wonder what the kit means ) i would have thought a set  :shruggy:

This product will be in stock on Monday 01 February, 2010.

just thought i would let you know if you didnt all ready

daytonalo

You are aware that you posted a pic a Daytona clone ???? When are they going to make Daytona trim ??

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

Thats Robs avatar he owns the Joe Dirt movie daytona
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

1RareBird

If feedback on these are good I'll definately be in for a set.  I think the guy who took mine off used a crowbar on them lol.  They are fixable, but would cost more to fix than the replacements.  Let's hope they fit well! :2thumbs:
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

BEAPARTS

The Superbird rear window trim is something we have been working on/off for almost 2 years.  The first set was test fit on a friends bird 4 weeks ago with very pleasant results.  Because of the small variances in the window plug, I decided to put a little extra stock length in the center pieces on the top and bottom.  My thought is to mark a perfect centerline on the rear window plug and "sneak up" on trimming both side of the trim until it fits perfectly in the center of the car with perfect length.  There is a removable center joint that slides into both halves on top and bottom that holds the center joint down.

Hats off to an extremely good friend, Richard Robinson, for letting me borrow is perfect original pricess set of rear window trim as a pattern. :cheers:

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

FJ5WING

:2thumbs: way to go Mike!

hey Stuart, stop rubbing it in. we know you dont need it.................yet. :icon_smile_big:
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 24, 2009, 11:57:16 AM
:2thumbs: way to go Mike!

hey Stuart, stop rubbing it in. we know you dont need it.................yet. :icon_smile_big:
i dont need superbird ,but i would love daytona/500 rear moldings , My clone and rear 500 could really use them

superbirdtom

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 24, 2009, 01:52:56 AM
The Superbird rear window trim is something we have been working on/off for almost 2 years.  The first set was test fit on a friends bird 4 weeks ago with very pleasant results.  Because of the small variances in the window plug, I decided to put a little extra stock length in the center pieces on the top and bottom.  My thought is to mark a perfect centerline on the rear window plug and "sneak up" on trimming both side of the trim until it fits perfectly in the center of the car with perfect length.  There is a removable center joint that slides into both halves on top and bottom that holds the center joint down.

Hats off to an extremely good friend, Richard Robinson, for letting me borrow is perfect original pricess set of rear window trim as a pattern. :cheers:

Michael C. Ross - Owner

B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990
do they clip in like the originals??         if so  boy my hats off too ya. but if teres some other form of attachment  who cares  no one will see it anyway

hotrod98

Thanks Mike. This is a much needed part.
Of course, this means I'll have to buy a set to store away in case anything ever happens to my originals.
I'll store them away with the extra Superbird wing that I bought from you a couple of years ago.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Nice job Mike !!! I would bet good money that Daytona / 500 trim would sell far better than bird trim with the same tooling cost , why did you decide to make bird trim if that is the case ?

Larry

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on December 24, 2009, 04:37:31 PM
Nice job Mike !!! I would bet good money that Daytona / 500 trim would sell far better than bird trim with the same tooling cost , why did you decide to make bird trim if that is the case ?

Larry
2000 birds produced bigger market

kab69440

Quote from: moparstuart on December 25, 2009, 12:45:13 AM

There's probably more than 2,000 Daytona/ 500 CLONES out there, I would argue that the Daytona/ 500 is a better bet for a successful offering. Even if they did come out, I wouldn't change my car to a production style plug. I like mine the way it is.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

BEAPARTS

Quote from: kab69440 on December 25, 2009, 11:20:35 AM

There's probably more than 2,000 Daytona/ 500 CLONES out there, I would argue that the Daytona/ 500 is a better bet for a successful offering. Even if they did come out, I wouldn't change my car to a production style plug. I like mine the way it is.

Why the bird trim and not the Daytona?  Do you want the honest answer?  I don't have any good originals to copy from.

kab69440

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 27, 2009, 09:33:55 AM

Why the bird trim and not the Daytona?  Do you want the honest answer?  I don't have any good originals to copy from.

There it is, folks! Mystery solved!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

pettybird

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 27, 2009, 09:33:55 AM
Quote from: kab69440 on December 25, 2009, 11:20:35 AM

yeah Mikey you'd have to talk to me again if you want to borrow the set I'm looking at right now  :lol:

Doug

pettybird

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

They're off of 414641 so no, they're not for sale.

nascarxx29

Thats Ted Janak stuff he must have copied them from his real stuff stockpile
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DoubleDlover

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on December 28, 2009, 01:45:56 AM
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

They're off of 414641 so no, they're not for sale.

There you go Mike.........  Doug is a very nice guy.......... :whistling:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DoubleDlover

ok so is the trim avalible yet? was told early feb. thats now. thanks ron

Aero426

Quote from: DoubleDlover on February 06, 2010, 11:51:49 PM
ok so is the trim avalible yet? was told early feb. thats now. thanks ron

Don't think so yet.  Call up BE/A Parts and ask them.     As soon as he has them, I am sure he will do an announcment on the Moparts.com new product board.