News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bulk upload?

Started by lisiecki1, December 22, 2009, 03:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisiecki1

I have a lot of pictures of the ongoing resto-mod on the 73 that I would like to upload, but going one by one is very time consuming and sometimes tedious.  Would it be possible to set up some kind of "bulk upload" of an entire folder of pictures?

Randy
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Troy

You can upload up to 4 pictures per post at the moment.

Bulk loading is possible using some image gallery software - although it doesn't exist on the site now. The primary reason it isn't installed is storage space/bandwidth. Attachments are already eating up 16 GB of hard drive space on the server and account for almost 100 GB of bandwidth each month.

I'll be adding an image gallery for the "Member's Rides" section like we had on the old site. This won't be individual folders for members though (pretty much 1 or 2 shots of each car). I would consider doing something like an image folder with a paid subscription like a lot of other sites. Otherwise there's no way to offset the additional costs (currently $150 per month).

As much as I hate to not have stuff here on the site, I use Photobucket for most of my online image storage just because it's convenient for me (multiple sites plus it's easy to set permissions). Their bulk loader is only available to paid subscribers. It costs me $25 per year but it's unlimited storage and bandwidth - although each picture is limited to 1 MB.

I'll put some more thought into it over the holidays.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.