News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dirveshaft for 68 charger

Started by 68 CHARGER R/T, July 31, 2005, 11:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 CHARGER R/T

well it's time for me to get another driveshaft for my 68 .it's got the 440 with 727 tranny and the smaller rear end. would anybody happen to know what the lenght of the driveshaft is and what they usuallly go for .   thanks for the help.

hemigeno

My '69 info shows 52.07" driveshaft length from center-to-center of the U-Joint bores, for a 440/727/8.75 combo. 

IIRC the '68 info is the same.  Some other guys will have to mark the market on what they are going for price-wise though...

:cheers:

68 CHARGER R/T

hemigeno

No problem, glad to help.  You shouldn't have any trouble coming up with one of those - that's a very common combination so they should be plentiful at any larger swap meet.  I saw many prop shafts at Carlisle - just wasn't shopping for one of those...

Geno

Ghoste

Call your local drag racers and see where they get shafts made.  You can likely get a new one cut and balanced for not a lot of money.