News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger R/T stripe MEASUREMENTS PLEASE!!!

Started by 69charger440, December 31, 2009, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger440

Need some measurement for the R/T tail stripe.

Need measurement from center of the trunk edge to Stripe.
Need measurement from End of quarter panel to Stripe with out quarter panel trim to stripe..
Need measurement for the R/T placement in the tail stripe!!!

I am going to be painting on the stripe instead of using a decal!! Also any ideas on how to paint on the "R/T" in the center of the tail stripe. Anyone have a correct size template for masking the R/T badging on the quarters!! Any help would be great the car should be getting paint in about 2 weeks!! :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

UFO

This is all I have on the computer,it will get you close.I'm sure someone else will have more pics to add.

69charger440

cool man that helps. :cheers: :cheers:    Keep'em coming. This will help others with there projects also! :2thumbs:

igozumn

Just so happens, that today I'm browsing this forum.  First time in a long time.  And, I just happen to have pics of just those measurements saved on my computer.  Of course, you will want to double check everything with tape, etc.  Hope it helps.  

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

igozumn

More...

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

igozumn

Total width of the stripe is about 8 3/8, but some shrinkage may have occured.  The white stripes in this pic, are from the primer coming through the faded paint between the thin outside stripes and the wide stripe.

Keep in mind, that any of the pics with the tape measurer in them, could be off by a hair due to the end tab of the tape itself.  Again, tape it off on the car and see how it looks.  

That's about it.

69charger440

Thanks alot. This will come in very handy for many of us looking for this kind of information :cheers: :2thumbs:

ChargerMX

Question Originally the stripes were painted or vinyl?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T