News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You don't see many of these still around ?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 06, 2010, 06:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Nice looking car. At first I thought it was a Seville. :shruggy:   Then I realized it was one good looking Imperial.   :2thumbs:  Nice car out on a salty soaked road.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

I always thought those were hideous.......and I still do. The back end just looks like they forgot to finish designing it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BIRD67

I'm not very fond of the line near the trunk, but I like this one alot! it just has the Badass look! http://volocars.com/1981-chrysler-imperial-fast-&-furious-4-movie-car-c-853.htm
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

stripedelete

It really is kind of a lost model.  I bet there are more hemi 4 speeds on the road than......

His summer car is probably a Mirada.

John_Kunkel

I like the styling mostly because it's unusual (hell, my favorite Mopar is the '62 Dart), the '81 Imperial had one of the first electronic digit instrument panels but was plagued by the problematic electronic fuel injection (most were converted to a carb by a factory kit).
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

For some reason I've always really liked those things.  Lid for every pot I guess.

Arthu®

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 07, 2010, 06:07:19 PM

I like the styling mostly because it's unusual (hell, my favorite Mopar is the '62 Dart), the '81 Imperial had one of the first electronic digit instrument panels but was plagued by the problematic electronic fuel injection (most were converted to a carb by a factory kit).

That is one invention I can do without (the electronic digit instrument panels), no matter how espensive the car and how high-tech everything can be that just looks cheap. Same for the Heads-up displays it's just too ugly.

As for the car, it's not my cup of tea, must say I had never heard of it until today.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Neal_J

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 06, 2010, 07:21:05 PM
I always thought those were hideous.......and I still do. The back end just looks like they forgot to finish designing it.

Time two.  That's one fugly rear.

maxwellwedge

I remember Frank Sinatra did the TV ads for that car singing, "It's Time For You". This was during some dark years for Chrysler and them getting Frank reminded me of the depression era ad of Walter P. all decked out in an expensive suit in front of a ritzy hotel with his shiny shoe up on the bumper of a new Chrysler.