News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some back feed on the 78 petty cars

Started by petercharger, January 07, 2010, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharger

even though I am doing the daytona clone and its getting close to being finished ...have a opportunity to buy a 78 blue petty car...bench seat...very nice and solid..all stock...in today's market what would the car be worth in real dollars...I know its a volare...not a muscle car..but a limited production and different....owner was asking 12k about 2 years ago...and no bits...so what would you consider to be fair?? :popcrn: car needs nothing...its ready to drive, paint and stickers are all good
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

Aero426

I would think that just under 10k would be a sweet spot.  Again, it has to be nice all the way around.    They are pretty rare with just a couple hundred built, but in the best of times, its still a bit of a thin buyers market for them. 

TruckDriver

Quote from: Aero426 on January 07, 2010, 01:02:51 PM
I would think that just under 10k would be a sweet spot.  Again, it has to be nice all the way around.    They are pretty rare with just a couple hundred built, but in the best of times, its still a bit of a thin buyers market for them. 

He is correct. To add to that, the blue cars are more rare then the red cars. I don't remember the exact production numbers of the top of my head, but I have them somewhere.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Highbanked Hauler

there was a real stock-kit car on ebay a few weeks ago, the first real one I've seen :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser