News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

400 Block/TTI Headers and starter

Started by 1970Moparmann, January 11, 2010, 05:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on January 20, 2010, 08:58:42 AM
A mate of mine bought hookers for his 440 and like you say number 3 plug is a tight sqeeze and required a high temp. wire to feed it. I can only guess what the clearance is going to be like, just by looking at the pipes. I'm wondering if it is worth the effort to ditch the hookers and go the TTi's? By the way, that's damn good service by them, I'm thinking of going with them just on your story. Are their full exhaust systems any good? I'm looking at getting mine done locally in stainless but might be persuaded to go the whole lot in TTi.

I have the TTI complete exhaust system and i love it, fits like a glove. I used the Dynomax ultra flow mufflers.  :2thumbs:

Aussiemadonmopars

Cool, I ordered them about 2 weeks ago, should be here in another month or 2, just in time to fit the motor in.  :yesnod:

1970Moparmann

Sorry to resurrect this thread.   

Does anyone have any pictures of TTI headers and the clearance they have with a 383 or 400 with a mini starter?   I can't find a starter that is going to work with my Schumacher and my clearance issue. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Budnicks

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 12, 2010, 02:45:45 PM
Look like Schumacher Headers to me
Yep that's what they look like too me to, I have used a bare header flange with header gaskets on both sides & 1/2" longer header bolts, it will space the headers out just enough on the drivers side to clear the starter or have some individual spacers made up, most people will never know the difference... Good luck
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

myk

Out of curiosity, just how much does the stock starter weigh?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph