News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Connector crazy

Started by Spartan, December 04, 2005, 11:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Well, I finally fixed my old AM radio today.   20 some years ago I had a stereo put in and asked the knumbskulls not to cut the radio connectors.   After all this time I finally got the idea to put the AM back in and restore the front speaker. I blew the dust off the box and of course the wire was snipped :flame:......I did see where they added a connector to the aftermarket radio that tied into my old radio plug so I decided to track down the same stake-on type connectors, well they come in a pack of 100   :o so I have plenty.   I figure if I ever want to have an easy switch out radio I can use the original plug and tie in just before it.  

Luckily I do not have allot of splice jobs in my dash but the 2 I do have (both door switches have cut wires and a bad electrical tape job for some reason, before I owned the car)   I will use these instead of twisting and retaping the wires, should look cleaner too.   Anyway, just thought I would throw this out to you guys as an idea if you have had the same type problems.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)