News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So is DOH due out on video this week?

Started by bull, December 05, 2005, 12:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

The Ghoul

yes!! tuesday!! I cant wate!
I saw it at the movies and it was awsome!!
funny i liked the genral lee better in the beginning but then again im a rat rod fan!
seriously if you just disconnect from what you know and just enjoy the move with no preconseptions, its funny, great driving and the eye candy ant bad.
oh yeah and its still corny as hell!

69_500

It was a pretty decent movie. I didn't care for all the foul language though. I was hoping it would be a movie me and my son could enjoy together during the next few years. But I guess not.

I do love the car jumps in the movie though.

andy74

my wife works part time at a video store,and we get to see all the new movies,before you guys can! :nana:i watched it yesterday,and it was just okay,not as good as the real thing-jessica looks really good in the bikini,and i agree,they didnt need to swear so much,speacially the f'word

greenpigs

Thats what hillbilly's do, cus up a storm. :icon_smile_wink: I'll waste my $ on it also and thank goodness for that mute button.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

69_500

I'd have to disagree, hillbillies don't cuss up a storm. I have grown up around a lot of hillbillies, and most of them are very respectful when other people are around.

greenpigs

Quote from: 69_500 on December 05, 2005, 09:51:49 AM
I'd have to disagree, hillbillies don't cuss up a storm. I have grown up around a lot of hillbillies, and most of them are very respectful when other people are around.

Of course you disagree.

Most hillbilly's I know are polite if they know you but you run your mouth and they got a well with your name in it.
I have yet to meet someone that swears like a drunk sailer that was intelligent.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

inhrmswy

Im a sailor and ususally cuss like a drunk one, I happen to be quite intelligent too.  I have learned 2 different jobs in the 12 years Ive been in.  Electronics (communications and radar) as well as Gas Turbine Mechanics.  I also dabble in QA.   Im not offended by the drunken sailor remark but I know some that might be.

41husk

I saw it at the show and ordered it at the video store.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

The Ghoul

Quote from: inhrmswy on December 05, 2005, 01:21:48 PM
Im a sailor and ususally cuss like a drunk one, I happen to be quite intelligent too.   I have learned 2 different jobs in the 12 years Ive been in.   Electronics (communications and radar) as well as Gas Turbine Mechanics.   I also dabble in QA.     Im not offended by the drunken sailor remark but I know some that might be.
I am a gass turbine mechanic and i am dumb as hell and rearly often cuss or drink.
One off the cuff statement dosent need 3 post contesting and getting offended..
all the hill billys i know swear
all the saylors I know swear
all the intellegint people i know swear
and my grandma drinks an swears like an engineer
The movie wasent made for kids get over it.
your kids will appreciate it when there old enough to buy the unrated version themselfs

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

69_500

I just was saying that Hollywood missed the point on this one. There would have been a huge market to young kids if they hadn't used so much swearing. Not everyone swears you know.
You have never met anyone who swears like a sailor yet is intelligent? Ever heard of Mensa? They are full of people who are polite, some who are hillbillies, and plenty who swear like sailors.

dodgeboy67

if i could see it for free i  wouldnt pass up the chance.......but to me it seemed like a very poorly casted movie

the way i understood it , the originally planned cast all backed out, because they thought the script was a slap in the face to the series

paul walker was supposed to be bo
ashton kutcher was luke (not that he was any better, but johnny knoxville????honestly, what were they thinking?)

although mr knoxville couldve pulled off a role as cooter i think

jessica wouldve been ok as daisy if she at least died her hair brown

Johnny SixPack

I downloaded it to preview it before I bought it, and liked it enough to preorder the DVD.

It definitely ain't the original, but they didn't bill it to be.

It's like comparing the movie, "Airplane", to, "Airport".

They loosely based on the same things, but wholely different of each other.

DOH-"05 just keeps the names too.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

bull

I just got it at the video store today and skipped through it. Other than the Charger it looks like it bears little resemblance to the TV show. I also see no point to the swearing. Like 69 500 said they eliminated a large portion of their audience by putting it in. A movie script definitely creates a controlled environment; it's not like they had to have it. IMO they would have had a much better film had they made it more family-friendly.

ramit

Quote from: andy74 on December 05, 2005, 09:34:10 AM
my wife works part time at a video store,and we get to see all the new movies,before you guys can! :nana:i watched it yesterday,and it was just okay,not as good as the real thing-jessica looks really good in the bikini,and i agree,they didnt need to swear so much,speacially the f'word

Wow!  I can't believe you are saying they use the f-word to much.  Aren't you the king of the f-word?   ;D  Just giving you crap!

The Ghoul

After the bowling ally last night I went and picked it up (1am).
I still think it’s a great movie. I love the unrated dorm parts.   :icon_smile_big:
I think this movie was along the lines of Starkey and hutch where it was better off geared towards people that are old enough to remember the series. I know how disappointed it is when you want to share something with a youngster only to find out its not appropriate for them.
I still defend the casting. What I liked about it was both bo and luke looked like how they would in real life (the general in the beginning as well). I think willy as uncle Jessie was great, personality wise I think boss was dead on but I didn’t like skinny boss. Jessica Simpson was a big mistake though but I can’t really think of a big name that would be any better.
I think I like the choice for bo and luke in the series they looked too much like pretty boys; and they put that car through so much just to have it still looking pristine. I will admit they make Uncle Jessie a little too crude, in the series he was supposed to be the good example, other than the moon shine.

BrianShaughnessy

The unrated dorm scenes are much better than the theater version.  :yesnod:

In regards to the F-word... what?  twice?  Not a big deal to me - cause I didn't recall it at all in the theater version. 

Anyway, it's just a movie, and I like it for the most part.     

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69_500

I recall hearing the F word plenty of times in the theater version too. But to me what really puts a dent in the image is the pot smoking scene's. I mean come on, it was a family show on TV, so why do they think they have to change every good thing and put in somethings else.

greenpigs

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 10:15:01 AM
I recall hearing the F word plenty of times in the theater version too. But to me what really puts a dent in the image is the pot smoking scene's. I mean come on, it was a family show on TV, so why do they think they have to change every good thing and put in somethings else.

Because they screwed it up so bad they wanted to make sure it was totally unwatchable, like Godzilla with mattew brodik-sic.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

4forty

Just rented it last night and thought they did a great job on it. I was always a serious dukes fan growing up and really like how the car was part of the cast. Great chase scenes,( like Atlanta chase) . Lots of great General stunts!!! The car was in almost every scene and Bo really loved it!!        well done, could have used less swearing and knockers so my kids could see it but...............

bull

I was talking to my wife about the movie and I came to the conclusion that only four of the main characters were anything like they were in the TV show. The General, Enos, Cooter and believe it or not, Daisy. Despite all the whining about casting her in that role I think Jessica Simpson captured Daisy's personality better than any other cast member captured theirs, other than the General. She was sweet and innocent yet sexy and tough when she needed to be. Bo and Luke were nothing like the TV show characters and neither were Boss Hogg, Uncle Jesse and Rosco. Rosco and Hogg were cocky, stoic and mean and Uncle Jesse was just a dirty old pot head. Johnny Knoxville does a great Johnny Knoxville and the other guy was just an angry, bumbling psycho with a car fetish. It was just a weird experience overall and I felt like I needed a shower after watching it. But hey, I got to see lots of Charger and that was cool. I really didn't like seeing them get mangled though. After it's all said and done I think we could have survived just fine without a Dukes of Hazzard movie. :-\

69_500

I'll admit I liked the movie. But I was hoping for a movie that I could share with my kids too. Then again i guess in another 18 years I'll be able to share it with my son.

JimShine

The swearing doesn't bother me. I tend to swear more often than most people though. It s a daily part of my vocabulary, F words and all. Since I am a resposible person and have never been in trouble, I don't see what the harm in it. It is the context in how it is used that I watch. Even a not so nasty word can be used to hurt people if it is used the wrong way.