News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 spd console carpet side cover

Started by 4spdwing, January 26, 2010, 12:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4spdwing

I'm re doing my Superbird interior. I have the console almost done. It looks like the side cover attaches to the console with 3 small holes. Mine just came off after I took off the moulding clips. Does anyone know? Thanks Tom
440 4bbl 4spd Superbird  383 Auto Dart GTSport

my66charger

Wish I had an origional side cover for my 66 4 speed  charger I believe screws go through the cove into the console. Not totally sure I have a aftermarket plastic piece and it too has those holes.

4spdwing

Ok Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was clips or screws. Tom

4spdwing

hear's what I started with. I still need to put the carpet on the sides but I'm going to wait till I'm about ready to put it back in the car. I just put the light in so it don't get lost. Tom

4spdwing

All parts are just cleaned, polised and painted. The only new pieces are the carpet, woodgrain and boot.

Cooter

Quote from: my66charger on January 31, 2010, 10:44:20 PM
Not totally sure I have a aftermarket plastic piece and it too has those holes.

Who has this plastic piece?? I'm looking for the piece in the first pic of this thread...Can anybody tell me if anybody is reppoping this?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dans 68

...and where did you get that rubber boot? It has a rectangular shifter opening, which I need for my '68.  :scratchchin:

Your console looks good, by the way.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

4spdwing

Cotter, I believe the side cover is being reproduced. I think Herb's parts has them fo $89. I'm sure other's have them. Tom

4spdwing

Dan, I got the boot at Carlisle from BE/A.  It didn't have the metal edge around it but I was able to use my old one. The website shows the metal piece now so it must come with it. Thanks for the compliment. I have alot more of the interior done now. I need to post some more pis. Tom

bull

It's been a while for this thread but I wanted to let you guys know that I've been shoppoing these and I believe R/T Specialties probably has the best price at $59.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1602014