News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Long term car storage near Virginia

Started by AKcharger, December 05, 2005, 08:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Any Suggestons for a long term storga place around VA. I have two cars I need to store for a year.

Charger4404spd

Bring'm here Ak   :icon_smile_big:

I'm sure you can find some of those mini-storage places. Most of them have about 3 different size holes. The biggest ones are usually just big enough to store a car.

AKcharger

I'm finding 10x20's in the local area are between $135-145 mo....and I'd need two. Maybe I'm cheap but that's a lot, almost $3500 a year! I'm sure there has to be a better deal out there.

Charger4404spd

OUCH!  I didnt realize they cost that much!

Dans 68

Quote from: AKcharger on December 06, 2005, 08:56:37 AM
I'm finding 10x20's in the local area are between $135-145 mo....and I'd need two. Maybe I'm cheap but that's a lot, almost $3500 a year! I'm sure there has to be a better deal out there.

Hah! I have a 10x20 here in the Bay Area and it costs $385/mo! The fact it is a business write-off is makes it worthwhile, but only barely.  :rotz:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

The Ghoul

Lots of de-con inside!! Mouse and rat damage is the worst!! also they make some stuff that dries the air in your car, they use it as an anti fog method, might be a good idea to keep mold from growing inside the duct work and stuff.Also when you do find a place in doors make sure you put wood or cardboard under the car, concrete still gives up mosture,every little bit of protection helps. And all your normal stuff, make sure every thing is greased, drain gas ect dependent on how long of a term your looking at.