News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX and XS were both used on 500 cars?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 02, 2010, 06:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 02, 2010, 06:38:44 AM
I see on this nice looking 500 on ebay that the fender tag says XS29......... but they list the Vin with XX29........
I thought XX was on both the vin and tag?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-500-SE-1969-69-Dodge-Charger-500-440-SE-NASCAR-Aero-Wing-Car_W0QQitemZ330399271708QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4ced54cb1c

Nope,,, early versions were like this. On Dana, my former T7 Bronze car that's on ebay right now, has XX on both the fender tag and VIN, but the original title had XS on it....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

richRTSE

My car also has the XS on the fender tag and XX on the dash. Interestingly, my car was made on the same day as the one for sale, 929. My VON is a little lower though, 925203 to 905213 on the blue car.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Ghoste

C500

Nov 14 was the first dat they put XX on the dash tag for 500's. This happens to be the date of my 500. I have XX on the fender tag too, but XS on the engine and trans.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Is that a 22" radiator?  The cars weren't converted R/T cars with the 26" radiator?

Ghoste

RT didn't automatically mean a 26 inch rad.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on February 02, 2010, 02:48:00 PM
RT didn't automatically mean a 26 inch rad.

Yeap... 440 auto 3.23 cars without a/c automatically got 22's
Troy

Ghoste

But... didn't all 500's get the 26 incher?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on February 02, 2010, 02:51:41 PM
But... didn't all 500's get the 26 incher?

Nope....the subject vehicle did not
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

:lol: Evidentally.  But for some reason I thought I had seen that somewhere?  Just my imagination again I suppose.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hergfest

Still don't know why Chrysler put 22" radiators in 440 cars, my six pack car has one too.  Anyway, I own the car in question.  The pictures make it look better than it is, but from 5 feet it does look pretty good.  I tried to take pictures of all the bad parts on the car.  Reserve is $40k, so looks like it will sell.

C500

Quote from: hergfest on February 02, 2010, 04:11:49 PM
Still don't know why Chrysler put 22" radiators in 440 cars, my six pack car has one too.  Anyway, I own the car in question.  The pictures make it look better than it is, but from 5 feet it does look pretty good.  I tried to take pictures of all the bad parts on the car.  Reserve is $40k, so looks like it will sell.

In the current market, I think that's a pretty fair reserve. Not many SE's around, even though the car does need work.

Duncan

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mostly cosmetic work at that....someone is going to get a real nice car.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: hergfest on February 02, 2010, 04:11:49 PM

Congrad's.......... Wish I was in a position to get it, I would have LOVED to match it up with a Daytona...........  
Troy

hergfest

They did the quarters and trunk floor 20 years ago so besides those two spots on the rear window there isn't any rust on the car.  I took some pics of the underside yesterday and the frame rails are beautiful, I love dry West Coast cars :)

1969chargerrtse

:o  Wow, thanks for the info.  That is one beautiful car.  You wouldn't happen to need a Orange R/T in your possession?  :icon_smile_big:

C500

It looks like the car has sold, reserve has been met, a little over 5 hours to run  :popcrn:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kiwi68 on February 05, 2010, 02:49:52 PM
It looks like the car has sold, reserve has been met, a little over 5 hours to run  :popcrn:

Someone's going to be very happy..........
Troy