News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Help! Engine Question

Started by oldschool_muscle, December 05, 2005, 10:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duey

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 07, 2005, 02:05:42 AM
put 4 bolts in 1 side & start toi tighten it down , you may need a pry bar to push the oither side down , the 2 holes that are showing are the openings around the heat crossover , this is normal , you can pry in those holes to get the intake dawn enough ot get the bolts in on the other side , thios can be tough to do

Sweet mother of Pearl!   :o

I'm just trying to picture OldSchool standing up on the engine with a prybar trying to bend the thing down! ;D

I'm amazed that a manifold could shift so much as to cause those kinds of problems...I thought Weiend G's were a pretty solid item?

Ken, you're definitely right!  I suppose I could see someone trying to put a B manifold on an RB and seeing lots of space between the manifold and heads...well about 5/16" (uh, heh heh... :-\  I sold AKCharger my 383 Torker, DOH!)  but I don't see any way that an RB manifold would go onto a B and have any of the bolts be able to go in together on boths sides...not that much clearance/play in the manifold bolt holes to let that happen.   

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

oldschool_muscle

First of all teres no way im gonna take a prybar to any part of my engine unless i have someone there telling me how and why i need to do so because all i see coming from that is disaster. :smash: Like i sadi b4 this is my first project and im learning as im going.
- Tim
1973 Charger

694spdRT

oldschool,

Here is a picture of where the crossover openings are after a manifold is installed. This pic is my 440 but, the 400 will look the same.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

oldschool_muscle

That actualy helps a lot but the orange kinda makes it hard to tell.
- Tim
1973 Charger

cudaken

Maybe this PIC will help. By the way, if you want to talk PM me and I will call you if you are in the US or Canada.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Duey

Ken, where's the FEL-PRO 1205 valley gasket?  ;)  Couldn't mice or other things get into the crossover plenum and get toasty-stinky when you flash up the beast?  ;D

Cheers,
Duey

cudaken

Duey, that is a 383 with a 1214 Valley Pan and not mine. I helped, OK watched DFS68 Charger wrench on it while I drank Cam 2. Glad I hardly touched it as well, did not go Boom. But every thing he bought from Huges went south in a big way. Cam and heads. All I did was paint the engine.

I will added Duey my 440 looks the same with the 1215 gaskets. Block off is in the center of the heat cross over that you cannot see with the intake on. Small sort of horse shoe shape hole in the center. Openings on top is to vent heat so you don't boil the gas in the carb and intake.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Duey

Ah...gotcha Ken!  Know what you're saying.  I've got a 1205 for when I stick my Street Dom on mine but havent pulled it out of the packaging yet...I had figured it would block the "horseshoe" too...

p.s.  Cam2 certainly helps the supervisory skills, doens't it?  ;D

Cheers,
Duey

oldschool_muscle

Thanx Ken that pic clears a lil something up.
- Tim
1973 Charger