News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What size cam for a street 360?

Started by Dodge69_440, December 06, 2005, 12:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge69_440

I just ordered a mopar 360 short block and am going to be building it for the street.  I am gonna go with the aerohead 2.02x1.60 heads and need advice on what cam to use  ???.  The block comes with a .501 intake and .513 exhaust hydraulic cam, but that seems like too radical a cam for a streetable 360 to me.  I am looking for low and high end power and am going to be using a TCI converter and tranny along with richmond posi and 3.55 in the back.  Have any of you oldtimers ever built a 360? If so what cam did you go for?

Chryco Psycho

is it a hyd Roller cam ? lift means nothing , the duration is what counts , I would most likely try try cam it comes with before I slammed it

Beer

Found this while researching my stroker smallblock
http://www.geocities.com/alwest_83/dyno

Has various 360  combo's with cam/head specs and dyno results.

Cheers
Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

max

i agree try the cam that is with it first and see how it works with the rest of your combo. i built a .040 over 360 a few years back and was being conservitive, i used a stock 340 cam which i advanced 5* and ran a performer intake and 750 cfm holley carb with electronic ignition.

we put it in a 1967 dart with a stock 904 trans and a 7 1/4' rear end with 3.73 gears. the rear tires were 70 series and anything below 30 mph kick the car would break the tire loose.

Dodge69_440

Ok guys I will give it a go and keep the cam.  I will post the dyno results when I am done!