News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The DC.com burnout thread! (gotta clip/pic of one? post up!).....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, December 06, 2005, 06:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Didn't want to completely hijack RD's Darwin thread, so I thought I'd post this on it's own:

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C34026ED-F6B4-4631-BE72-4B92C29802F6&p=0

Now that, is how you do a burnout. :D

Feel free to post pix/vid of your own burnouts! :cheers:

If fact, post up all the cool burnouts you can find! :2thumbs:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Charger_Fan

Looked like it was running a little rich too. ;D That was pretty cool.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlackDodge

golden73

Johnny SixPack

I don't care what make/model this thing is, it's crazy:

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C7BF2E28-32E7-4904-B5F9-F3D0275DC7D8&p=1

The vid's got some great rolling burnouts, so it counts.   :icon_smile_approve:

Just listen to that thing literally scream.   :o

Sounds like Bigfoot. :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

472 R/T SE

I only have one pic from last summer. 

I was waiting for a friend from Texas to show up to help me take some really good ones.  It looks like I have to move down there to get any help. :P ;)   Sorry, I'm sure most have seen this pic in another thread, these kind of shots require a little more than just me hollering at a passer-by asking to take my picture while I spin the tires. :D

Charger Aficionado

All that money into that Camaro and they couldn't buy a stoplamp? lol  :)   :icon_smile_wink:

SuBLimE 69

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

69_500

Now if I could only get the video of my 500 doing a burnout on the web. I'll check into it.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 10:08:53 AM
Now if I could only get the video of my 500 doing a burnout on the web. I'll check into it.

Get on it!   ;D

Can't wait for the "70 and her rebuilt 6-pack to get home.

Maybe I'll finally be able to contribute my own clip. :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:

69_500

Well I videotaped a 30 second burnout in my 500 last year to use for an opening clip on our DVD's then we never used it. I did 4 shots, each one 30 seconds long each. I know where the video is, but finding someone to host the video to post it on here is another thing.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 02:38:35 PM
Well I videotaped a 30 second burnout in my 500 last year to use for an opening clip on our DVD's then we never used it. I did 4 shots, each one 30 seconds long each. I know where the video is, but finding someone to host the video to post it on here is another thing.

Hey, in theory I should be able to.

FotoTime now offers video hosting, so try emailing me a mid-sized clip, and I'll see if I can't get it posted.

Email me @:

johnnytoxin@NOSPAMmsn.com (just remove the NOSPAM)
Johnny's Herd:

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69_500

I'll give it a shot there Formula 440. I'll try to keep the file size to a few megs.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

69_500

Okay I'll have to work on it later. I downloaded the clips onto the computer and made them into a quicktime file, the whole clip is 1 minute and 16 seconds, but its 312 megabites right now. Gotta get it smaller.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 04:13:10 PM
Okay I'll have to work on it later. I downloaded the clips onto the computer and made them into a quicktime file, the whole clip is 1 minute and 16 seconds, but its 312 megabites right now. Gotta get it smaller.

That oughta be ok.

I'm not sure if FotoTime will support QuickTime though.

Do you have 'em in wmv. or mpg. formart too?

CB, that was awesome! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:

GTX

Personally I never understood thrashing a good motor and tires just for effect although I'll be glad to watch others do it.

Here is the kind of burnout I like:

http://www.draglist.com/artman/publish/weekly_movies/article_00683.shtml

472 R/T SE

Quote from: GTX on December 07, 2005, 02:23:09 AM
http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/burnout/burnout.html

This is old from Moparts.  My buddy didn't know how to use a digital camera obviously as he was laying in the ditch.  The camera was barely one megapixel, :icon_smile_big:
Look at that front end launch.  I think I see daylight under the pass. tire, YEAH BABY!!

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Here's AlexinOKlahoma    down in Ardmore a few years ago.  Chryco is somewhere around there and Rick Keelser and Aifilaw.

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

'CUDA360

Headrope

I don't know how to post it, but I've still got the "Scotty Doesn't Know" video someone put together for the old site. The entire thing is burnouts.
My favorite is the insane second gen pulling a couple thousand RPMs, but only going about one mile per hour for what seems like 30 seconds in front of an ultra expensive looking home.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Headrope on December 07, 2005, 11:04:36 PM
I don't know how to post it, but I've still got the "Scotty Doesn't Know" video someone put together for the old site. The entire thing is burnouts.
My favorite is the insane second gen pulling a couple thousand RPMs, but only going about one mile per hour for what seems like 30 seconds in front of an ultra expensive looking home.

Headrope, can you email me the compilation?

Here's the vid of the "68:

http://fototime.com/1C6D7388350D4B1/orig.wmv

Hmmmm, is there anyway to post the vid's directly? :shruggy:
Johnny's Herd:

Headrope

The link above this post is for the scene I was talking about. Awesome!
The compilation video file is too large for me to send via my e-mail account; at least it thinks so.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: formula_440 on December 08, 2005, 12:06:21 AM
Quote from: Headrope on December 07, 2005, 11:04:36 PM

Headrope, can you email me the compilation?

Here's the vid of the "68:

http://fototime.com/1C6D7388350D4B1/orig.wmv

Thats one of my favorites.  I think Burpin's Vid is pretty sick too.  I need to find someone with a Digital video camera and get my "caught on tape" !

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

69_500

Okay well I am mailing you the attachment with the video file it is still in a quicktime video format however. It is not down to 2.3 megs I think.

I have another one that is a commercial slot that we are going to be putting on our DVD if you guys would like to see that.

Johnny SixPack

69_500, here's the vid you emailed me:

http://fototime.com/44E3DC0F5F016FB/orig.mov

Troy, is there anyway to make the vid play in the post?   ???

And as a reminder, if you've got a vid, but don't have it hosted, email me and I can host it.

johnnytoxin@SPAMBAKEDBEANSSAUSAGEANDSPAMmsn.com (-the caps stuff)
Johnny's Herd:

dart3404

Mefirst

The burnout the black 68 does should be looked upon as a schoolbook example of how to do a real burnout :drive:

Jen** The Dart looks smoking :2thumbs:

/Tom

Troy

Quote from: formula_440 on December 08, 2005, 12:06:21 AM
No. There's a reason it's hard to find places to host video files - they suck up a TON of bandwidth. With the amount of pictures already on the site (and climbing) the hosting plan we have now wouldn't handle it. That will change soon but I probably still won't allow video files.

Quote from: formula_440 on December 10, 2005, 07:53:31 PM
Troy, is there anyway to make the vid play in the post?  ???
Yes and no. I disabled the features for a couple of reasons:
1. It only works part of the time and only on certain video formats.
2. Every time someone views the thread it loads the video. This eats up the bandwidth from wherever the file was hosted since it gets downloaded by every single person viewing the thread whether they wanted to see it or not every time they open the thread. People with slow connections would get wiped off the map if their browser was forced to load big/multiple video clips in a thread. Making them click a link or save the file is actually being courteous. Since a person can technically only watch one at a time they'd have to reload every other video that they missed which compounds the bandwidth problem.

If I were to allow video hosting at any point in the future I would definitely not allow automatic playing within a post. I would consider it if it were a paid service AND I could guarantee that the files weren't being linked from other sites. Bandwidth on the new server will be a few dollars per GB or something like that. Consider a 1 MB video file can be downloaded 1,000 times for that. This thread has been viewed 302 times and there are 9 videos if I counted right. If every viewer only downloaded each video once that's 2,718 views right there in just one thread. However, the one MOV file is 2.39 MB so that's 721 MB by itself. It's possible that, as the site grows and there's money coming in, that there could be a dedicated media server for video and pictures. That will easily double the monthly bills so it's not going to happen right away.

As for file formats, WMV and Real Media usually have the smallest file sizes but the quality is also low. Both can be streamed. Quicktime files cannot be viewed by everyone and neither can Real. The most universal format is probably mpg and the file size can be cut down pretty well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

Troy

You're welcome. There is actually a reason behind most things that I do (key word: most). :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

70 Battle Horse

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Sledge57

This is all I have at the moment, just my POS Pedal Car         :devil:

Click link in sig
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid

70kracken

one i did by an abandoned wherehouse.  pretty windy day, so it didn't turn out they way i wanted it to, but it was still fun.
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

Blusmbl

That's an absolutely awesome brakestand with the black '68.  You get my seal of approval.  :icon_smile_cool:

I'll have to add my own brand of tire smoke to this one...

http://www.caintmakit.com/pics/greatestvideoever.wmv
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

69_500

Hey Formula thanks for posting that. However I don't know if it worked for anyone else, but when I clicked on the link, there was audio, but no video.

I'll try it again later.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69_500 on December 14, 2005, 12:25:33 PM
Hey Formula thanks for posting that. However I don't know if it worked for anyone else, but when I clicked on the link, there was audio, but no video.

I'll try it again later.

69_500, yeah, it was kinda hit-or-miss for me too.

I refreshed the new window and got the vid. to appear though.
Johnny's Herd:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Funny how it works everytime on one of my computers but then its hit and miss on  the other one.

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

my73charger

Quote from: GTX on December 07, 2005, 04:47:10 PM
Personally I never understood thrashing a good motor and tires just for effect although I'll be glad to watch others do it.

Here is the kind of burnout I like:

http://www.draglist.com/artman/publish/weekly_movies/article_00683.shtml

Its just money man. :icon_smile_big: