News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The DC.com burnout thread! (gotta clip/pic of one? post up!).....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, December 06, 2005, 06:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Didn't want to completely hijack RD's Darwin thread, so I thought I'd post this on it's own:

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C34026ED-F6B4-4631-BE72-4B92C29802F6&p=0

Now that, is how you do a burnout. :D

Feel free to post pix/vid of your own burnouts! :cheers:

If fact, post up all the cool burnouts you can find! :2thumbs:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Charger_Fan

Looked like it was running a little rich too. ;D That was pretty cool.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlackDodge

golden73

Johnny SixPack

I don't care what make/model this thing is, it's crazy:

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C7BF2E28-32E7-4904-B5F9-F3D0275DC7D8&p=1

The vid's got some great rolling burnouts, so it counts.   :icon_smile_approve:

Just listen to that thing literally scream.   :o

Sounds like Bigfoot. :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

472 R/T SE

I only have one pic from last summer. 

I was waiting for a friend from Texas to show up to help me take some really good ones.  It looks like I have to move down there to get any help. :P ;)   Sorry, I'm sure most have seen this pic in another thread, these kind of shots require a little more than just me hollering at a passer-by asking to take my picture while I spin the tires. :D

Charger Aficionado

All that money into that Camaro and they couldn't buy a stoplamp? lol  :)   :icon_smile_wink:

SuBLimE 69

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

69_500

Now if I could only get the video of my 500 doing a burnout on the web. I'll check into it.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 10:08:53 AM
Now if I could only get the video of my 500 doing a burnout on the web. I'll check into it.

Get on it!   ;D

Can't wait for the "70 and her rebuilt 6-pack to get home.

Maybe I'll finally be able to contribute my own clip. :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:

69_500

Well I videotaped a 30 second burnout in my 500 last year to use for an opening clip on our DVD's then we never used it. I did 4 shots, each one 30 seconds long each. I know where the video is, but finding someone to host the video to post it on here is another thing.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 02:38:35 PM
Well I videotaped a 30 second burnout in my 500 last year to use for an opening clip on our DVD's then we never used it. I did 4 shots, each one 30 seconds long each. I know where the video is, but finding someone to host the video to post it on here is another thing.

Hey, in theory I should be able to.

FotoTime now offers video hosting, so try emailing me a mid-sized clip, and I'll see if I can't get it posted.

Email me @:

johnnytoxin@NOSPAMmsn.com (just remove the NOSPAM)
Johnny's Herd:

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69_500

I'll give it a shot there Formula 440. I'll try to keep the file size to a few megs.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

69_500

Okay I'll have to work on it later. I downloaded the clips onto the computer and made them into a quicktime file, the whole clip is 1 minute and 16 seconds, but its 312 megabites right now. Gotta get it smaller.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 69_500 on December 07, 2005, 04:13:10 PM
Okay I'll have to work on it later. I downloaded the clips onto the computer and made them into a quicktime file, the whole clip is 1 minute and 16 seconds, but its 312 megabites right now. Gotta get it smaller.

That oughta be ok.

I'm not sure if FotoTime will support QuickTime though.

Do you have 'em in wmv. or mpg. formart too?

CB, that was awesome! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:

GTX

Personally I never understood thrashing a good motor and tires just for effect although I'll be glad to watch others do it.

Here is the kind of burnout I like:

http://www.draglist.com/artman/publish/weekly_movies/article_00683.shtml

472 R/T SE

Quote from: GTX on December 07, 2005, 02:23:09 AM
http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/burnout/burnout.html

This is old from Moparts.  My buddy didn't know how to use a digital camera obviously as he was laying in the ditch.  The camera was barely one megapixel, :icon_smile_big:
Look at that front end launch.  I think I see daylight under the pass. tire, YEAH BABY!!

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Here's AlexinOKlahoma    down in Ardmore a few years ago.  Chryco is somewhere around there and Rick Keelser and Aifilaw.