News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bulge Hood

Started by oldschool_muscle, December 06, 2005, 10:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschool_muscle

My charger has a fast sought after bulge hood and im just wondering what the bulge hood does if anything besides look badass. Im also curiouse if it represents anything special about the car or the engine.
- Tim
1973 Charger

Daytona R/T SE

It means the value of your car just went up, WAY up ;)

'CUDA360

There is a ton more room for fancy manifolds/carbs/aircleaners !!!

I just saw one on E-gag go for $1700.00

hemihead

It's just all cosmetic.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

TruckDriver

It's just all cosmetic. Some are worth more then other though. You can give it to me if you don't want it :yesnod:  :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

oldschool_muscle

No thanx im pretty sure im gonna keep it around.  ;D
- Tim
1973 Charger

andy74

Quote from: oldschool_muscle on December 07, 2005, 09:12:05 AM
No thanx im pretty sure im gonna keep it around.   ;D
if you change your mind ill trade ya a flat hood and some cash!!

hotrod98

I've been trying to get Goodmark to repro this hood since they're getting hard to find. I know of a couple of guys that bought complete cars just to get the hood. Nice used bulge hoods bring around 500 to 800 and the air grabber versions bring 1200 to 1800.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

andy74

i would pay 500 for a decent bulge hood,all the ones ive seen have been 1000 and up,and the chaper ones had a shit load of rust-i wrote an e mail to goodmark also

hemihead

This is one of the desired things for 3rd Gens but as usual the 2nd Gens and E Bodies get the parts.You can even buy more parts for a Daytona or a Superbird than a 3rd Gen.Funny when you take into account that were more 3rd Gens produced and I think more surviving.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

andy74

Quote from: hemihead on December 07, 2005, 04:21:30 PM
This is one of the desired things for 3rd Gens but as usual the 2nd Gens and E Bodies get the parts.You can even buy more parts for a Daytona or a Superbird than a 3rd Gen.Funny when you take into account that were more 3rd Gens produced and I think more surviving.
amen to that brother!

Beer

Andy I feel your pain on the hood!
I am likely gonna try a fiberglass one (yaa I know everyone says not too), when the body is done, both my flat hood and the fiberglass one will be painted, if an issue comes up with the fiberglass hood, I will have a perfectly good flat hood already color matched.

If Goodmark did a repo I would CERTAINLY get one.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

oldschool_muscle

Quote from: andy74 on December 07, 2005, 12:50:00 PM
Quote from: oldschool_muscle on December 07, 2005, 09:12:05 AM
No thanx im pretty sure im gonna keep it around.   ;D
if you change your mind ill trade ya a flat hood and some cash!!

Iv already got a flat hood too incase i ever want to put a big bad blower on. Cuz i sure as hell would never cut a hole in the Bulge.
- Tim
1973 Charger

GTX

I get a bulge in my hood thinking about how fun my Charger is gonna be soon. ;D ;D

Nacho-RT74

More desired stuff on 3rd gens:
bulge hood ( I have it ), also of course air grabber-R/Ts ones
rear valence with exhaust cut outs ( I have it )
tuff wheel ( covered on leather but... I have it )
cassette player ( someday in a future ).
Hideaways grilles ( I won't go for it ).

Rest of stuff is the same as other gens, like center console, buckets, am/fm radios, tachs ( or tic toc tach ), etc...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

oldschool_muscle

i would love to have some hide aways i think htey are really cool.
- Tim
1973 Charger

Skyview69

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 07, 2005, 12:57:37 PM
I've been trying to get Goodmark to repro this hood since they're getting hard to find. I know of a couple of guys that bought complete cars just to get the hood. Nice used bulge hoods bring around 500 to 800 and the air grabber versions bring 1200 to 1800.

Correction...I just sold my Air Grabber hood for $2300.00 about 6 months ago!

Bandit72

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 07, 2005, 09:14:20 PM
More desired stuff on 3rd gens:
bulge hood ( I have it ), also of course air grabber-R/Ts ones
rear valence with exhaust cut outs ( I have it )
tuff wheel ( covered on leather but... I have it )
cassette player ( someday in a future ).
Hideaways grilles ( I won't go for it ).

Rest of stuff is the same as other gens, like center console, buckets, am/fm radios, tachs ( or tic toc tach ), etc...

out of all that stuff, the only things i have are hideaways, console, buckets...i guess i also have rallye guages....i'm currently looking at a parts car to get a slap-stick shifter as my war is factory auto on the column....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....