News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Considering selling Cuda...buying WRX Seriously! Advice?

Started by wetfeetmi, December 07, 2005, 06:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

geez, getting rid of a cuda?   need a gtx?  not good in the snow . no engine in it now
third string oil changer

ChargerBill

Couldn't you finance a used WRX and keep the Cuda as an investment? If you think of the Cuda in terms of it's growing value, it doesn't make a bunch of sense to get rid of it...the return is greater than most any investment out there. And just curious, why a WRX? Would a Civic, Prelude, Maxima, etc.. work for you? I mean, you can get one of those 4 to 5 years old (with a warranty) for a great price...and still keep a car that will continue going up in value, not depreciate like a new car. Sounds like you could learn a little patience from your wife...besides, do you REALLY want her telling you "I told you so" in 6 months when you're missing the Cuda or in 5 years when their value has doubled again and you wwish you still had it? Maybe go to her with the plan of buying a good reliable used car AND keeping the Cuda, and just make sure she knows that it's all YOUR idea.

Oh yeah, 3000GT's are also sweet, fast, and sporty and you can find them in AWD and you can pick up one in EXCELLENT shape for around 8K to 10K MAX...even cheaper. WRX's DO have an appeal, but really they are overpriced and there are a bunch of other cars out there that are far cheaper that would work for you just fine.

A side note: Funny you posted this... A buddy of mine down the street has a '71 Cuda, 360, 4sp...fire breather and he bought a wicked WRX about 8 months ago. He LOVES driving the WRX, but is getting rid of it because he drives TOO fast in it, uses too much gas with his lead foot, pays WAY too much for insurance and is sick of his buddies always asking him when he is going to drive the Cuda. Just thought you might like some insight... :D
Life is a highway...

wetfeetmi

Chargerbill, I looked at a 3000gt last weekend. It was more of a project than I was hoping for. It is a little "over the top" for me. The WRX is more subtle if it doesn't have that horrid monster fin on the trunk lid. I also like the Dodge Stealth.
The new Mazda 6 AWD is OK, but we almost never buy new. We drove a 5 series BMW a couple of months ago. It was AWD and the BEST car I have had the pleasure of driving. WOW! I will never pay $50k for a new car, though.

Spartan

Quote from: wetfeetmi on December 07, 2005, 09:41:09 PM
Spartan, I just bought a couple of Arctic cats to help us thru the winter. I am looking forward to my first ride in about 10 years. How are the trails looking up your way? I just looked up the maps on the web, and it looks like I can get all the way to Traverse City if I carry enough fuel! Rick

I live north of Detroit but I have a cabin just south of Houghton Lake.  They say there is enough to ride but the public trails will be pretty well be beat right now without much of a base.  Usually new-years is our first ride of the year.  We have 2 of them, both are Ski-doo's.  Mine is a Formula III 700 cc and my wife has a formula 500. We have had them for 7 years and are a blast.  Once the lakes are safe, doing some ice drags are fun.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Spartan

http://www.americanoakresort.com/trail.htm

Check out this link Wetfeet.  I use it for planning my sledding trips.  There are other links on that site that might be more useful if you are looking at the Traverse City area.  If you want, I have the web sites for the local TV stations there too since it is the same for my area. Hopefully its a good winter for snow, last 5 have been a little bare.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

4402tuff4u

I would keep the Cuda over a WRX, but you are the only one who can really say. You know your needs and we have no clue of the circumstances and weather conditions you are driving in. Your family and your own safety is number one. Also your financial situation will dictate whether you need to sell it or not. Hate to see a member here having to sell his Mopar, but realistically probably another Mopar enthusiast will most likely buy it. Good luck on your decision.   
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

RT DAVE

That doesn't seem like that big of a compromise when you take into account that you still have a Daytona.   The WRX is supposed to be a pretty nice little rice rocket.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT