News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

in the NUDE

Started by SFRT, February 23, 2010, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

would that slide into my dana 60 case?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dans 68

Quote from: SFRT on February 24, 2010, 01:15:19 AM
would that slide into my dana 60 case?

In a word...no.   :rofl:

See your car at MATS next year!

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Ryan

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

cobramike33

What order did you replace sheet metal in the rear?

SFRT

sort of all at once, with multiple test fittings etc....got to slide the sail panels up under the roof first then sort of fit it all together front to rear everything got fitted with just clamps, then again with screws, then the welding...but all of it not just pieces. just pieces it will not work.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

allright..yesterday handblocked the first filler coat of primer with stink block, then shot 3 more layers of top primer..that will get blocked out today, then more primer tonight, then a wetsand before the paint.

the stinkblock ( or grille block) is pretty great. Its a coal and sulfur based material that crumbles and self-forms and it sort of varies from an 80-120 grit effect. Rolfe likes the old school shit, and it works great.comes in slabs and you just saw off the right sized piece.

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

if all goes well, the car gets painted tuesday.

I am using a new paint, it's a lacquer based single stage semigloss black. we shot some test panels and it flows real nice. manufacturer claims it wont chalk up under UV light. its some sort of industrial use paint.

some people will ask, 'why after all the metal work would you not do a shiny paint' and the answer is:

1. the 7500 bucks that would cost is better used on a nice Richmond drag racing level 5 speed manual transmission.

2. car is a daily driver and will see some drag strip time, so that shiny paint would get ruined right away,wasting that money.
Always Drive Responsibly

jaak

I have read about using those stink blocks (aka grille bricks) before, never tried it though. I hear its the bomb for blocking complex surfaces.

Keep up the good work!

Jason

tan top

looking good !
never heard of then blocking bricks before  :slap:!

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

SFRT

they work friggin amazingingly.
Always Drive Responsibly

lexxman

It's looking good,It will be nice to see some color.on it.

SFRT

some finishing touches before we paint tonight:

corners:

Always Drive Responsibly

lexxman

It's looking nice ,now won't paint it with the corneras on will you?

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson

lookin good frank,.. general lee i think chargers were made to reflect light... but primer suits you man. I think you should put a smoke hangin out of the drivers' side grill..  :apimp:

Patronus

cool to see someones else's at the same stage as mine...exactly actually.
'cept I think I will let mine sit for awhile, maybe outside during that days to heat and cool a few times...
to weather so to speak... Any advice on the nuts for those corners? as they don't seem to hold well via the tapered alum?
what are you thinking interior? custom dash/gauges?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

SFRT

re-install my stock black interior. radio delete. 4 speed console delete. no weird gauges, except for my digital tach that looks like a stock one from Restorations by Julius.
Always Drive Responsibly

Patronus

mine:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

ktneifert09

How long can you keep it "in the nude" without worrying you're going to paint over micro-corrosion which grows into macro-corrosion?
Plans are useless; planning is indispensible.
Especially with an old car!

SFRT

not worried at all. the shop is bone dry at all times and everything got a real good going over.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

ok...3 coats of primer and 1 coat of sealer and rolfe applies the first coat of paint:

this will dry over the weekend then the whole thing gets nibbed with 1000 grit and a final 2 coats will be applied...badges for test look only...

Always Drive Responsibly

Dans 68

She looks great, Frank! Keep them progress pics coming!  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

SFRT

its starting to look pretty good. I may have to rename the car from The Scow to something else now that it is bondo free.

maybe Ghetto Warrior..... :D
Always Drive Responsibly

lexxman

It's looking good so far. :2thumbs: