News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

in the NUDE

Started by SFRT, February 23, 2010, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMike

SFRT

yep big update no pics yet as I have been traveling....Rolfe tried spraying the new water based crap( california has outlawed real paint) every which way and could not stop it tiger striping , so finally i said fuck it make it GLOSS black...so went with the last of pre-change 'real' black paint Rolfe had stashed and a clear over that.

car was successfully reshot and is now in the cut n polish phase.While I havent seen it reports indicate it is lookin good. I dont know if I will like it with a shiny paint job, but , gotta have something. Ill take plenty of pics when its done.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

SFRT

the changeover to the water bourne paint is proving to be the final nail in the final nail in the coffin for alot of the smaller. classic car painters around here. the stuff is like garbage and I know of at leats 3 dudes that are throwing in the towel and quitting the biz, as this fiasco on top of lean times in general has made it an untenable position.
Always Drive Responsibly

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: SFRT on March 14, 2010, 12:44:11 PM
the changeover to the water bourne paint is proving to be the final nail in the final nail in the coffin for alot of the smaller. classic car painters around here. the stuff is like garbage and I know of at leats 3 dudes that are throwing in the towel and quitting the biz, as this fiasco on top of lean times in general has made it an untenable position.

Yep - The person who painted my Charger was swapping over to the water based stuff (shit) as he painted my car - mine was the last one he did before switching over...    he has since complained about what it is - his major complaint is the same....    tiger striping. 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

chargergirl

sexy...won't you lose time with a stick...or it just feels right?
Trust your Woobie!

SFRT

I never learned to drive an automatic.
Always Drive Responsibly

chargergirl

We'll have to compare times. My die hard never buy something you can't shift husband has a 4000 stall converter, reverse manual shift Cheetah vavle body, 456 spool in his '65 Belvedere. He has to shift...but no pedal to push. Is that what you are talking about?
Trust your Woobie!

SFRT

no..I just have never owned an automatic drive car. The Charger is a factory 4 speed...one reason I bought it. the fancy racing automatics will always beat me, but, I like to shift manually...what can I say im goofy that way.

the altered wheelbase 65 coronet im building will be an auto tho...to make it 'correct' so I guess I will have to learn to adapt.
Always Drive Responsibly

chargergirl

Quote from: SFRT on March 14, 2010, 10:42:55 PM
no..I just have never owned an automatic drive car. The Charger is a factory 4 speed...one reason I bought it. the fancy racing automatics will always beat me, but, I like to shift manually...what can I say im goofy that way.

the altered wheelbase 65 coronet im building will be an auto tho...to make it 'correct' so I guess I will have to learn to adapt.

Every time Mark drives my auto truck he clutches air...cool to keep the car as original as possible. The Belvedere was built to be a race car so many things changed...they didn't come with a roll bar. Seen stick beat auto a few times there is always a way. Your car is sweet.
Trust your Woobie!

Texaco

Holy sheet! I am jealous of your ghetto warrior! Curious whats the penalty for using real paint in CA? Do you know if NV allow "real painting"? I am in Sacramento area so wondering if I should risk the fine or find a booth in NV.