News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SNOW SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Started by BLACKWOLF, December 07, 2005, 12:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quote from: Blown70 on December 07, 2005, 10:14:58 PM
Well monday AM when I woke my temp guage said  -10 degrees F.    :rotz:

Heated shop is nice. :yesnod:

Tom

Holy Hell Batman!

I just got back home and my temp guage showed the outside as being 15 and I was crying....and freezing!
It was 6 this morning and it's going down to 7 degrees again in the am tomorrow.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

twilt

after readin all of this, i guess i shouldnt be so bitchy because its only going to get up to 38 tomorow here in GA.  still going junkyarding though. :yesnod: at least i wont be doing it in 2 feet of snow. grew up in New York. I do miss skiing and ice fishing but not enough to go back.

Chryco Psycho

I hate Winter , at least I have only seen snow in every month where I live  :flame:
I'm for global warming

Afflyer

Ya'll need to buy you some SNOWMACHINES and have some fun!  Nothing like screaming down an open field at better than 75 MPH to kick the winter blues away.

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Nupe

Same here on the hate for winter.  Why am I still here?  :-X  No sure things anywhere else...

Wouldn't be so bad if it was only for a month.  Snow is fun at first, but when it gets below zero, everything costs more, only people making $ are the plow guys, damn salt everywhere, etc...   :icon_smile_dead:  Plus every year the cold weather gets tougher on my knees.

A snowmobile would be nice if it was free.  lol 

'79 Lil'Red Express.

GTX

Quote from: Nupe on December 08, 2005, 12:56:21 PM
  Plus every year the cold weather gets tougher on my knees.

Amen brother!  :iagree:

When I was 16 I fell 22 feet and broke my back in 4 places, my neck, almost all of my ribs and messed up my hip.
Since then I've added both knees to the injury list and I feel it now when it gets cold! 

MichaelRW

I moved from Indiana to California 12 years ago and the weather was a big factor for making the move. However, there are times I would trade the nice weather back for the cold because of all the fruits, nuts and far left liberals out here.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: MichaelRW on December 08, 2005, 01:15:14 PM
I moved from Indiana to California 12 years ago and the weather was a big factor for making the move. However, there are times I would trade the nice weather back for the cold because of all the fruits, nuts and far left liberals out here.

Stay out of MN then! We may have a Conservative governor, But the majority of our state is Bleeding hearts. I plan on moving to South Dakota as soon as I   can find a job. Taxes are lower, but the pays also lower. but the good part is the cost of living is a lot cheaper out there. MN's new slogan: The Weather might be lousy but at least the taxes are high! ;D   #4 in the nation as far as income tax! go MN!
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: GTX on December 07, 2005, 10:35:27 PM
It was 6 this morning and it's going down to 7 degrees again in the am tomorrow.
My outside thermometer said 1.9 degrees when I left for work this morning. :icon_smile_angry:
At least it didn't snow last night.

Oh & snowmoslugs?? No thanks, I have to deal with those every stinkin' day at work...I hate 'em.
Besides...around here, Snomoslug owners are the tightest, cheapest, drive 35 miles to save $4 on a part, never satisfied, people on the entire planet...just barely edging out Goldwingers. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Nupe

Yikes GTX!  Can't imagine what you went through after that list of injuries.  :-X

QuoteThe Weather might be lousy but at least the taxes are high!   #4 in the nation as far as income tax! go MN!

LOL!  Let me modify that for my home state:

The Weather might be lousy but at least the taxes are the highest!   #1 in the nation as far as income tax! go ME!  Woo Hoo! :icon_smile_blackeye:

I need a plane ticket outta here for a few months to someplace warm.   :icon_smile_cool:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

greenpigs

Quote from: GTX on December 07, 2005, 08:16:21 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 07, 2005, 07:59:57 PM
I guess it's a case where you've lived there all your life and it's totally normal.....
Troy

I've lived in snow all my life - Illinois and now Utah and I still hate it. I hate it more and more the older I get too!
When I was a teenager it was fun to go out and thrash our cars on snowy roads but I still hated the cold.
Snow would be really cool if I could go there for a Christmas holiday and then fly home!

It's supposed to be 7 degrees here tomorrow!!!

When I get sick of my current job I plan on moving somewhere warm, by YellowCuda :icon_smile_big: or more likely out west.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

alenglish

this was last feburary   we got  most of it  in 6 hours  between 6am and noon.
Up here it snows   you clean it up  and it snows again , it will quit by  June.   Big Al
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

Dale The Bold

What's worse than the snow is the damn SALT!  They salt the roads so heavily in this area that just driving on the interstate puts a layer of opaque, unwipe-able film over the windshield.  The roads aren't even remotely slippery, but at the cost of visibility.  As a result, people drive carelessly all winter long, until they hit that one patch that the salt missed, then they don't do much of anything anymore.

I remember the days of driving through thick snow on our old dirt road, unplowed at that.  You had to be incredibly cautious.  But the theory now is to go to great lengths to keep drivers from being cautious.  They even have wipers that come on for you now, so that you don't have to stop your cell phone conversation to flip a switch.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

GTX

I took the old quad atv out the other night in the snow and ripped around the streets for a little bit.
That took the edge off  a little and was pretty fun. Problem was that it was so damn cold my face was freezing with it in the teens and I couldn't see. Too bad I don't have a plow on it, I could have put it to use.

Woudn't buy a snowmobile though, every time I've been around one they always break and are back in the shop.
I'll just watch the snowmobiles clock off 10 second runs at the track.

HAZZARDJOHN

I think you have been around old sleds. New ones are as reliable as four wheelers. Mine is five years old.. The only thing I have replaced was the drive belt. It has never stalled, never left me on the side of the trail. My Dad gave me a hard time about sleds when I bought one. He got them in the early seventies, he would work on them for four hours for every hour driven. I belong to a club and when we go out on some couple hundred mile trail rides, you rarely see a broken down sled anymore. That being said if you don't get them ready for summer storage their is nothing you can do to get them to run right. Just like old cars. Most the peopl I know that have problems with theirs never drain their carbs or at least put put fuel stabilizers in it. It is a cheap way of keeping it running right. Just my experiance!

Have a great day!
HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

derailed

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on December 09, 2005, 01:13:40 PM
. That being said if you don't get them ready for summer storage their is nothing you can do to get them to run right. Just like old cars. Most the peopl I know that have problems with theirs never drain their carbs or at least put put fuel stabilizers in it. It is a cheap way of keeping it running right. Just my experiance!

Have a great day!
HJ
Ive been seeing more guys at the strip in the summer time running there sleds. Other than the track and skis is there much you have to do to them to run them like that in the summer. I dont know much about them

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: drailed on December 09, 2005, 02:19:42 PM

Ive been seeing more guys at the strip in the summer time running there sleds. Other than the track and skis is there much you have to do to them to run them like that in the summer. I dont know much about them

Nope just have to not care about wrecking your slides or your ski's! ;D They have what we call Hay daze, up here about ten miles away from me. It is suppose to be the biggest Grass drags events. I go every year for the swap meet, but I rarely watch the races. To me it's kinda like watching a boat race on a frozen lake. It just doesn't make sense. You will wreck the slides that the track runs on if you don't run it in the snow. The snow lubrictes it. If you have carbide wear rods you probably won't wreck you ski's in the summer. I know a guy that bought a set of wheels for the front of his sled and I saw him driving down the boulevard in July! ::). I also have a four wheeler, but I use it twice a year for hunitng. The regular ones just aren't as fun to drive as a sled. Not the race ones. The sleds accellerate so fast it is just a blast. not to mention it is really hard to go tearing up fresh powder with a quad and ther is no legal rush that I have experianced that is as intense. It is the only part of winter I like. ;D

HJ

98neongirl

Yeah winter in general sucks because its cold here in Michigan, but it's fun as hell at night to slide around in my Neon in empty, virgin snow covered parking lots at the Mall, LOL especially with my underbody lights flashing and changing color. I wish I had a way to show you guys a moving image of my sliding (WRC Rally style) around the lamp posts like a barrel racer, all in 6-7 inches of snow to boot! My Neon is my little "Charger" per say, LOL. I want a Charger soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, any year '68-'74 is fine with me! I don't even care what engine it has, as long as it runs and I can drive it come spring. What is your guys' dream Charger? If you could have ordered one from the factory, what would it be? Nevermind the current values of them, because that's not how it was back then.
Myself, I would either want a B5 Blue 1968 R/T, 440, white bumblebee stripe, auto trans, with a white and black interior and body colored rims with chrome dog dish hubcaps, and no vinyl top, or a (you guessed it) Y4 Gold '70 Charger R/T, black & red (if possible) or black & white interior with a bright red tailstripe, 440 auto as well. If it were a '69, it would be all black or all white (with a red stripe), F6 Spring Green or T5 Copper, no vinyl roof and a white stripe on the rear, with any engine (maybe a Hemi), and either Magnum 500s or black or body colored rims. What about you guys? I change my mind all the time because there are tons of color combos that appeal to me, LOL. Let me know what you think!
Michelle & Matt

GTX

Tonight I went out and took the 4x4 quad out for another wild rip in the streets in the dark. I put on gloves and a coat and hat but had nothing for my face. It's in the teens so I thought maybe a welding helmet would shield my eyes and face from the cold.
Well, that turned out to be not such a great idea. It's pretty hard to see the headlights of oncoming cars with a welding helmet over your eyes and the road and houses and pedestrians...well they pretty much just disappear except you can sort of see christmas lights on the houses, or were those car taillights?

Well anyway, I guess I need a scarf and goggles next time! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Chryco Psycho

I would have ordered a 70 R/T SE 440+6  4 spd 3.55 dana, in FC7 with charcoal buckets & interior Ralley Wheels & racing mirrors , X9 bee  stripe 

andy74

i would have ordered a sublime green black vinyl top and black interior 71 hemi super bee,4 speed,sunroof and dana,4.10s,

and snow still sucks,time to go plow,again

Andy

Afflyer

Quote from: MichaelRW on December 08, 2005, 01:15:14 PM
I would trade the nice weather back for the cold because of all the fruits, nuts and far left liberals out here.
:smilielol: :smilielol:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Telvis

I will take the heat any day. :yesnod:

andy74

well just finally got to work ,at 10 am-freezing rain all night,turned to snow around 4 am,have 8 inches on top of ice,and its great driving here to work!!! fuck old man winter